News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Apologies for bringing up the Power 19

Started by tleeuwenburg@gmail.com, November 08, 2009, 05:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tleeuwenburg@gmail.com

I apologise for breaking the forum rules -- I am as it were, late to the party, having only just followed the history of the Power 19 into the forum rules which I admit to giving only a cursory reading having a good grasp of general netiquette. I came across the Power 19 questions at a time when I was looking for the best way to write about my game design, and it was very helpful to me to have a list of questions which I thought represented some standard form of inquiry. I'll finish the postings on my blogs but not clog things up here.

-Tennessee
(I'm designing a game. www.mythology-rpg.blogspot.com)

greyorm

Er, what? There's is no directive that the Power 19 should and must be avoided. Some people think it is a terrible tool, others think it is a valuable tool when utilized well. The actual directive is "don't post 19 questions and answers [all at once]", not "Thou shalt never discuss the Power 19." It is an admonishment not to post a five-thousand-word essay, not avoid it altogether.

I noticed you posted only about 5 of the questions, and none of the text you attached to such was very long. Along with Michael, I agree that was a very smart way to handle it. If you think some question in the 19 is particularly troublesome, or revelatory, regarding your game, feel free to post your answer to the P19 here to get feedback, or to a small set of them. Which is mainly what these forums are for. Be clear about what kind of feedback you want and ask for it.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio