News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DitV] This is a fantastic game

Started by RARodger, November 17, 2009, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RARodger

Sorry, not a whole lot of meat here, but I just had to share. I am having a blast with this game. We just finished our 6th setting and 2nd town (we only get a few hours to play each week), but this is on the path to becoming one of the best campaigns I?ve run, and easily the best in over 10 years! And the best part is it?s happening effortlessly, just playing the game in the book. Sure, there are some adjustments to make? I?m still figuring out how to fight the instinct to hide my cards, as it were, so sessions still have a bit of the ?solve the mystery? tone to them, but I?m getting there.

We ended the session tonight with one awesome conflict after another (I?m getting better at giving and moving to follow up conflicts), and even though we didn?t have time for a full reflection phase, I left the table with great ideas on what buttons to push next. ?Oh, so when we get to murder the trait ?problems can be solved with talking? goes out the window? Well, lets find out what happens when we push just south of that.?  And I can?t wait. And because the other player didn?t get to use his horse-oriented traits it will have to do somehow with horses. Oh, and they asked for a Thanksgiving theme, and one character is a ?Friend to the Mountain People? and has a relationship with one, so maybe that all will work together.

But the entire point is that it has been happening effortlessly and with tremendous results. So, thank you, Vincent, for a great game.

lumpley

Thank you! That's great to hear.

-Vincent

Supplanter

Yeah.

DITV would probably be my "Desert Island Game." Like, if (the impersonal) you out of the blue said, "Let's play A ROLEPLAYING GAME," I'd say, "Okay, how about Dogs?" I don't mean I only ever want to play Dogs constantly, but it's a game I do keep returning to. It's also a game I find myself wanting to run for non-gaming people I like or love but don't get to see often.

Best,

Jim
Unqualified Offerings - Looking Sideways at Your World
20' x 20' Room - Because Roleplaying Games Are Interesting