News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Character classes, abilities, skills and other Ygg problems

Started by Christoffer Lernö, July 23, 2002, 11:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Martin

Quote from: Fang LangfordWhen NASA started messing around with canards (a wing configuration that the Wright bros. used, but few have since), they started by sticking them onto basically an off-the-shelf F-5 (or was it the F-16, I forget).

F-16 according to some pictures I have. :)
Andrew Martin

Le Joueur

Quote from: Andrew Martin
Quote from: Fang LangfordWhen NASA started messing around with canards (a wing configuration that the Wright bros. used, but few have since), they started by sticking them onto basically an off-the-shelf F-5 (or was it the F-16, I forget).
F-16 according to some pictures I have. :)
Really?  I thought the '16 had an 'underneath' intake whereas the '5 had them on either side...like the pictures I took off NASA's site.

Fang Langford

Edited in: Since I don't want to derail this discussion, I'll just tack this in here.  I looked around, and I was wrong, the X-29 doesn't look anything like the F-5 or the F-16.  Sorry for the mix-up.  And now back to your regularly scheduled thread....
Fang Langford is the creator of Scattershot presents: Universe 6 - The World of the Modern Fantastic.  Please stop by and help!

Christoffer Lernö

Once upon a time I actually had a lot of the game system. Pretty much everything but the details was nailed down. However, that was before I started posting stuff on rpg.net and then later here on the Forge. As a result of the feedback I decided to redesign a lot and now I'm in this world of trouble. However, I do think it's a good thing too, because I'm feeling my vision (as far as I have one) of the current version of the game is sooo much cooler than the original.
The early draft was simply a fantasy game with some original elements and a pretty quick and reasonable combat system. Now it's the world itself feels very distictly to stand on its own, and I do have the general goals of the system more aligned to my satisfaction than before. But, of course, I have no completed system.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'm trying to sort out things and see if I can drag something valuable from my attempts at stating my goals. Time will tell, right?
formerly Pale Fire
[Yggdrasil (in progress) | The Evil (v1.2)]
Ranked #1005 in meaningful posts
Indie-Netgaming member