News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Mountain Witch is now free!

Started by noahtrammell, November 29, 2009, 04:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahtrammell

Hey, while looking around online for reviews of The Mountain Witch, I stumbled across a pdf of the game on mediafire.  I'm assuming that the game is not supposed to be given away for free online.  The mediafire page links back to a gaming blog, so I assume someone in the group put it up there so other members of the group could play it.  Does anyone have any ideas for approaching this?  Think I should just shoot them an email asking them to take the file off of mediafire?
"The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
-Mark Twain

My Tiny but Growing Blog

Eero Tuovinen

Is it the finished game or just the IGC version?
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

noahtrammell

I believe that it's the full version.  My guess is that they put it up on the blog so the other players could upload it.  The problem is that the blog's Spanish.  Does anyone speak Spanish or should I just see if the bloggers are bilingual?
"The difference between the right word and the almost-right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug."
-Mark Twain

My Tiny but Growing Blog

Eero Tuovinen

Probably a better course of action would be to inform Tim and let him make the call himself. It's not really your problem, although I suppose you could let those people know that they're likely in breach of copyright - they might not know, after all.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Filip Luszczyk

QuoteDoes anyone speak Spanish or should I just see if the bloggers are bilingual?

Note that people who aren't bilingual generally do not read English games.

noahtrammell

You know how sometimes you just want to smack your head on the keyboard to try and get your brain to start working right?  Yeah, excellent point Filip.
-Mark Twain

My Tiny but Growing Blog