News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Star Wars PTA Spin-Off: The Sith Triumvirate

Started by HighmoonMedia, April 30, 2009, 11:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighmoonMedia

I'm one of the players of the Star Wars PTA game at Gen Con podcaster via Canon Puncture. Last week, instead of not gaming when players didn't show up, I roped my friend's gaming group into a Pilot episode of PTA. Since Star Wars was in the air, I proposed the same setting from the Gen Con game. They liked it and we played. I blogged about the experience (extensively, I'm afraid):

This past Wednesday we played the first episode of the season, and we even had Audience! I'll blog that as well later this week.

There's stuff from the game I want to unpack, but I'm still chewing on it, so I'll come back.

Welkerfan

I enjoyed the Gen Con recordings quite a bit, so I'm curious about this.

Specifically, how did having an Audience work?  Did those players feel included?  Were they experienced roleplayers and comfortable asking for scenes?
Brenton Wiernik

HighmoonMedia

Having an Audience was actually pretty cool. They pumped up the players and me when events were awesome, and their one card during conflicts actually made a difference a couple of times. As far as I could tell, the Audience players felt as part of the process, not add-ons (one of them even started roleplaying his Audience member, identifying with one of the characters in particular). Everyone except myself was a PTA newbie, so scene framing was as new and strange to them as to the players (and to be honest, to myself at times), but we managed. I'll be talking more about this aspect and the evolution of scene framing since the Pilot later on.

FredGarber

The second link appears to be non-functioning!  Halp!  I want to know about that poor frustrated Sith Enforcer...

HighmoonMedia

Fred, I combined both posts into one, so use the first link.

The report for the first episode will go up later today.

Wordmaker

Awesome report. Any idea when you'll get to play the next episode?

HighmoonMedia

There's the webisode which I'll write up for later this week or early next, and after that, it depends when I have to go back to PR. I'm looking at June right now. It kills me, trust me.

HighmoonMedia

The play report for the Webisode is now up!

http://dmperez.com/2009/05/25/star-wars-primetime-adventures-spin-off-the-sith-triumvirate-webisode

There were some interesting lessons learned here, especially about characters' Issues.

Wordmaker

Nice. It's good to realise what's really important to someone in a game, even if they don't realise it themselves.

HighmoonMedia

You know, I think that was the most useful part of the webisode, getting to that realization at the end so that the next episode can be really and truly on target.

HighmoonMedia