News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

CRS Gametesting from years past

Started by uchimatamaster, December 13, 2009, 09:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uchimatamaster

I just recently found this website and wished I had it years ago when I had started my hunt for the perfect game, and well, tried to make it.  So I kept pretty good records of the test play the first few games and figured I'd put down the notes here and maybe it would help somebody else....

Game #1: Genre-cops and robbers  Players: 4  Storyline went well, mechanics are way too lethargic need to consolidate some charts to speed up combat.  Skill checks work well added some SITMODs.  CHR creation went well, rewriting the skill levels replacing basic level with beginner and super with master.

Game #2: Genre-cops and robbers Player: 5   The new combat charts need to have the percentiles redone and need to add some for above 100 when mods and rolls make the totals exceed 100.  Taking out the SITMOD "special training" skill levels were so high there was realistically no chance of failure.

Game #3: Horror(boogey surprise)  Players: 3  New SITMODs added for use in this environment work really well except that some players felt less than adequate against the "monsters"  which was actually the idea.  Projectile rules need to be modified.  Called shot needs about a -20 instead of the -5. 

Yeah this is all I could find but figured it would help with those playtesting.

uchimatamaster

Found a couple more....
Game #17 genre:Swords and Sorcery  Players: 5   Lots of debate as to whether the bo-staff is as effective as the longer staff or pike. so I need to work on that.  Sword play works well when long vs short etc. when geared for levels. 

Game #21: genre: Life(sports team:football)  Players: 3   Using a new combat chart for each of the VS. in football games worked OK but I think I went too far on the tackling chart...probably should be a general skill check.