News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A New Sub-genre?

Started by RevJackson, December 12, 2009, 05:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevJackson

With the new movie Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and perhaps a later book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, I was wondering if any designers had given thought to game scenarios involving such a twist on canonical literature and even history. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/apr/17/zombie-austen-lincoln-vampire

Justin Nichol - BFG

There are many. Two that come immediately to mind are from the same designer I believe. Deadlands is one, and Weird Wars is the other. Another is Godlike by Greg Stolze in which characters play Superheros in World War 2. I'm sure there are many more I am not immediately remembering. I also remember a Board Game, the name of which escapes me that was the Civil War except with Yetis or something like that. Silly, very fun stuff.

chronoplasm

If you are talking about zombies specifically, I would steer clear of it to tell the truth.
Zombies are really popular, it's true, but the market is starting to get really oversaturated with them. I can't look at anything with zombies in it without groaning "Please, no more zombies!" and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. It's a lot like steampunk; a novel concept at first that gets really cliche really fast.