News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Need Sorcerer Logo

Started by Matt Gwinn, August 01, 2002, 04:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

I'm doing the layout for Charnel Gods, but I don't have the font used for the sorcerer logo.

Can someone hook me up with a hi-res B&W image of the word SORCERER?

I'm printing the ashcans tomorrow so I need it ASAP.

Thanks

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Ron Edwards

Hi folks,

I appreciate it if someone can help Matt out ... I'm totally not competent to do it, and Clinton's in Alabama.

Best,
Ron

Matt Snyder

Quote from: MattGwinnI'm doing the layout for Charnel Gods, but I don't have the font used for the sorcerer logo.

Can someone hook me up with a hi-res B&W image of the word SORCERER?

I'm printing the ashcans tomorrow so I need it ASAP.

Thanks

,Matt G.

Here's an option, Matt, assuming you're on PC. Go to Ben Morgan's font reserves to download the font "Abaddon" (first on the list on this page):

http://www.ad1066.com/cgi-bin/fonts.pl?alpha=a

Alternatively, I could attempt to recreate one for if you need to. Let me know asap.

-Matt
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Matt Snyder

I don't know why the hell I didn't just go ahead and do this orginally, but here you go!

Sorcerer logo TIFF file at 4 inches print size, 300 dpi. (Black text on white field)
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Matt Gwinn

THanks Matt
I'm do all my layout and stuff on a MAC or I would have gotten the font.  You'd think that stuff would be universal by now.

,Matt
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Clay

Quote from: MattGwinnYou'd think that stuff would be universal by now.

You'd think so, but Apple files are split into resource and data forks. Guess they liked nipping some ideas from IBM Mainframes.  Anyway, that split makes the files look really strange to any other operating system.  As opposed to Microsoft files, which look weird even on their native platform.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Chris Passeno

I've got two bit's of info:

1.  Openface Fonts.  Though I've never actually used them cross-platform, Adobe claim that it'll work.

2.  InDesign for the Mac.  When I was at an Adobe conference, one of the guys who helped make InDesign gave the audience a tip.  You can Place PC true type fonts into the fonts folder in the InDesign Folder and use them.  It's whacky, but it works.  I've used it several times in System 9.  I'm not sure how OS X would handle it.