News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Racial Expansion without Numbers

Started by ImberCorvus, December 17, 2009, 06:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImberCorvus

All right.

I've been working on a series of articles on traditional races of Fantasy which provide an alternate view of the cliché's which surround them.

As an example I am nearing completion of an article on Dwarves based on the original Norse myths rather than the re-interpretation of those myths after the christianisation of Scandinavia. At this stage my next project will be Elves based on Welsh Mythology.

These documents are laid out for easy reading and contain no setting specific materials though I can can provide those as free (non-infringing) PDFs on my website if they are requested. They also include Art which I have commissioned from an Artist who I actually paid so they are a pretty high quality product if I do say so myself.

My question for the community here is, would anyone be interested in a product like this?

IC

Paul Czege

Hey man. What are the target word counts of the articles?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

David Berg

Well, there's Wikipedia for my curiosity about history of myths, and there's me reading a Norse myth and making shit up to populate my fantasy game.  Good layout and illustrations would be a nice addition, but I wouldn't pay money for that unless I saw how the product was going to change my gaming for the better. 

I know some rich mythology fans who might dig it, though.  But it'd still have to be more thorough than what you can find in internet searches.  (Or at least more credible -- source citations might help.)
here's my blog, discussing Delve, my game in development

Vulpinoid

I'd definitely be interested in stealing using source materials like these in context with Quincunx, since that's  game based on our world and the mythological beings who have lived within it since the dawn of time.

But I can talk about that with you later, Mr. Burns.

V
A.K.A. Michael Wenman
Vulpinoid Studios The Eighth Sea now available for as a pdf for $1.