News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Play-Doh and Musicals, oh my!

Started by Kanosint, December 26, 2009, 05:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanosint

Lately I can't help but ponder two things and how one could make an interesting RPG with them...

Play-Doh and Musicals. Not together, of course, that'd be waaay too silly, but seperate. They're both strange ideas I never spotted before, so I decided to make a single thread to gather thoughts and ideas on both.

For Play-Doh, I was thinking a game where you play a slime. Using Play-Doh, you can somehow influence the environment.

On Musicals, I was thinking a GM-less game, almost like Soap!, but where resolution works through actual singing.

Both are very niche and bizarre, but if anyone has any ideas on this, I'd love to hear 'em.

Kind Regards,

Kano.

Callisto

For the musical idea you maybe could use games like "singstar" as referee.

chronoplasm

The Play-Doh idea reminds me of the old Clay Fighter games.
Would players only play the role of Play-Doh people, or would the game actually use Play-Doh on the game table as some sort of resource or something?

Kanosint

The players would have actual Play-Doh with them.

FetusCommander

I was actually searching these forums for something similar to this.  I was working on a superhero game where the mechanic involves clay of some kind (i've been trying playdough).  If someone wants to perform an action, they build a tower with the dough up to a target height set by the group based on the power level of the action.  Everyone only gets one can, which is supposed to encourage people to build conservatively while still creating a stable structure.  Other players who oppose the action then get a chance to take the structure down, either by building something and forcing the tower's owner to put it on as they choose, or by creating a potential energy weapon with the dough (like building a big ramp and rolling a ball into the tower).

I'm glad to see others think playing with clay in games is fun =P

Kanosint

Hmmm,glad to see I'm not the only one :3 Hmmm, never thought of that approach, it certainly encourages me to think further about this, it might actually work out...