News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Working on a System about Cats [Felis]

Started by Callisto, December 26, 2009, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callisto

@Callan S. :Yea, thats sort of right, altough I never thought about it in that way. Now that I understood, what you meant, you're absolutely right. I'm more a narrative player so thats the tendency my game will have.

Quote from: Catelf on December 29, 2009, 06:32:06 AM
Yet another case of typical misunderstanding, in this case about what "address" means in that case. (I misunerstood it too, but i understand now.)
Let's get back to the issue, ok?
Ok :)
So, Dice it is.
Since it really don't have to be groundbreaking, why not simply snatch it from virtually any other Game?
There are so many other games and I want that perfect fitting system :D Next year I will have time for this. I will do something and post it in the new year.

Thank you so far and a Happy New Year!

Callan S.

Thanks for rereading me, Callisto.

What I was leading up to was whether you wanted to turn them into risk taking gamists (entirely doable, I think) or if you were trying, via mechanics, to make them into more narrative players who engage moral issues (which, as far as I know, this is not doable at all).
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>

Callisto

Quote from: Callan S. on December 30, 2009, 06:03:56 PM
Thanks for rereading me, Callisto.

What I was leading up to was whether you wanted to turn them into risk taking gamists (entirely doable, I think) or if you were trying, via mechanics, to make them into more narrative players who engage moral issues (which, as far as I know, this is not doable at all).

In six hours I have to go to work, but I'm here, so answer in the old year. Its definitely the risk taking I want them to do. I don't like it when a game wants to force me to live through moral issues or whatever. That comes with the players, the system (in my opinion) doesn't have to do that. I want the players just to have fun! My players will be cat lovers of course, but that may be the only thing they have in common.

See ya next year!