News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Fiasco

Started by Jason Morningstar, December 15, 2008, 01:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Morningstar

I'm working on something new and fun called Fiasco.  It's a game about powerful ambition and poor impulse control that's designed to emulate a certain kind of caper movie:

THINGS CAN GO WRONG, FAST...

...but perhaps you know this already. Maybe some dude from youth group talked you into boosting a case of motor oil, but now your cousin is dead in a swamp and you killed him. Maybe you and your girlfriend figured you could scare your wife into a divorce, but things went pear-shaped and now a gang of cranked-up Mexicans with latex gloves and a pit bull are looking for you.

It seemed like such a good idea at the time. 

It plays out in about 2.5 hours and has delivered quality play in my internal tests.  I'm ready for some blind testing!  If you are interested, please let me know.  I need some people who are not me to thoughtfully play a session or two.  Thanks! 

--Jason

Jason Morningstar

For anyone following Fiasco, the text is now locked down and a contract is out to the artist. 

jaspermeer

Howdy,

I bought the bundle from Indie Press Revolution. The .pdf is fantastic both in content and design. I'm trying to 'round up a few folks to play it here in Atlanta. It might be a few weeks, but I'll post a game after-report.

Cheers,
Jasper

Jason Morningstar

Hey Jasper,

Welcome to the Forge!

Tanks, man. I hope you enjoy the game. Please do post a report here (in the Forge's Actual Play sub-forum) or wherever you hang out. I can't wait to hear what you get up to.

--Jason

drhoover

Just wanted to second that previous comment. I stumbled across Fiasco last week and snagged the pdf version from IPR. It was the most enjoyable gaming read I've had in recent memory. The rules are really clear and the whole thing is very visually appealing too. Kudos to everyone who worked on it. Very excited about giving it a whirl this coming weekend with my regular group. Not sure what playset we'll use but I have no doubt it will be deliciously painful.
Damon   

Jason Morningstar

Hey, thanks! I think all the playsets are pretty solid, but I have a soft spot for the southern town - I based it on my wife's home town in central North Carolina. Much of that set is pulled from real life...maybe too much.

Have fun and let me know how it goes, OK?

drhoover

Thanks Jason. I posted a writeup of our game under Actual Play.
Damon