News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gencon 2010

Started by SaintandSinner, January 13, 2010, 12:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintandSinner

What's everyone's plans? Event registration is supposed to open today so I'm thinking about games to run and play.

Also, for those interested in the whole Indie Games Explosion and Games on Demand thing, how did this work for you last year? What would you keep and what would you like to see improved?

Thanks,
Scott

Tim C Koppang

Quote from: SaintandSinner on January 13, 2010, 12:23:02 PM
Also, for those interested in the whole Indie Games Explosion and Games on Demand thing, how did this work for you last year? What would you keep and what would you like to see improved?

Just as a point of reference, I stand by my comments in the earlier feedback thread for GoD '09.

SaintandSinner

Quote from: Tim C Koppang on January 13, 2010, 06:04:41 PM
Just as a point of reference, I stand by my comments in the earlier feedback thread for GoD '09.

Thanks and noted.  I have all that down.  Just seeing if anyone had more to add (or new ideas). 

SaintandSinner

Anyone who wants to apply for a GM badge using GoD time needs to contact me.

saintandsinner.jmj@gmail.com

It can be done but I'll need to coordinate with you and you will need to do enough hours and have a Gencon ID in the system. Just get me the info as soon as you've finalized your event schedule and I'll submit the forms. I will not submit until after all event entry has been finalized.

SaintandSinner

@everyone: If when you submit a game you put the group as Indie Games Explosion then Gencon says they will try to get us in the same area. Also the more of us that have events and the earlier they are submitted the better location we may be able to get...

I'm getting a lot of people telling me that they won't be able to help this year. If I could get a show of hand for how many people are willing to help (and maybe what times) it would help a lot. As it stands I'm not committing to more than one event Friday afternoon and morning and afternoon slots on Saturday. I'm willing to bump up to two slots of Friday and a single slot Thursday and/or Sunday if there's people to cover it.

I'll be glad to cover Saturday Morning 10am-2pm.

That leaves:
Friday 12-4pm or 2-6pm (if we run two slots of Friday 10-2pm and 2-6pm worked well before)
Saturday 2-6pm
and other slots if there's an interest.

What are you willing to do to help? The more the merrier.

Thanks,
Scott

SaintandSinner

Just a reminder

February 13 - March 12   Event Review Cycle 3

This is the last Review Cycle. If you don't get in your games soon they won't
be considered. If you need any help with the submission forms, or need to know
what groups we're putting Gencon events in, or anything else about Gencon event
submission, I'll be glad to help.

Scott

SirValence

For the last several years, Scotto and I have been setting up StoryCards events on our own. I'm kind of frustrated with the whole thing: sometimes we have more people than signed up, and other times the slot is full but no one shows up. I'd rather just participate in the Games on Demand area, but I've not done that before: what would I need to do?

Thanks!

SaintandSinner

Show up.  Although letting us know your coming would be nice.  GM's only have to be there find some players and pick up the tickets for the events.  You may even point people that way from the booths and have GM's waiting there any slot you'd like.

SirValence

Quote from: SaintandSinner on February 26, 2010, 09:51:30 PM
Show up.  Although letting us know your coming would be nice.  GM's only have to be there find some players and pick up the tickets for the events.  You may even point people that way from the booths and have GM's waiting there any slot you'd like.

Okay, consider this your notice that I will be coming. :)

Locke

I have a game in beta and will be attending gencon.  IS this something i need to do to show of the game?  What's the process, and where can I learn more about the review cycle and Indie Games Explosion?

thanks,
Jeff
Check out my game Age Past, unique rolling system, in Beta now.  Tell me what you think!
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B-7APna9ZhHEZmRhNmFmODktOTgxNy00NDllLTk0MjgtMjI4YzJlN2MyNmEw&hl=en

Thanks!
Jeff Mechlinski

SaintandSinner

The last review cycle by Gencon is over March 12th (this Friday).  You have to submit your game through their system which you may access with the same account you purchase a badge with.  I have nothing to do with this other than requesting tables for my games and for Indie Games Explosion. 

If you don't want to do that, or you miss out, you are welcome to run games at IGE.  We'll have 56 tables pretty much 1st come 1st served. 

Locke

Quote from: SaintandSinner on March 10, 2010, 09:35:05 PM
The last review cycle by Gencon is over March 12th (this Friday).  You have to submit your game through their system which you may access with the same account you purchase a badge with.  I have nothing to do with this other than requesting tables for my games and for Indie Games Explosion. 

If you don't want to do that, or you miss out, you are welcome to run games at IGE.  We'll have 56 tables pretty much 1st come 1st served. 

How do you submit the game I'm on gencon's site but can't find it.  I wold love to bring my game there and show people.
Check out my game Age Past, unique rolling system, in Beta now.  Tell me what you think!
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B-7APna9ZhHEZmRhNmFmODktOTgxNy00NDllLTk0MjgtMjI4YzJlN2MyNmEw&hl=en

Thanks!
Jeff Mechlinski

Locke

Okay i signed up to run on Sunday at noon.  I might be able to help with other things as well  whats do you need?

I assume I don't need to send the pdf of the game to anyone to read and approve so I should be set.

Thanks!
Jeff Mechlinski

SaintandSinner

If you put Indie Games Explosion as the Group Gencon is supposed to try to get you in the same area as the other games and Games on Demand.

Locke

yup,

you said something about help.  What do you need?

Thanks!
Jeff Mechlinski