News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Cultural Modifiers

Started by Sneaky Git, July 31, 2002, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance D. Allen

Heh.. My first character was a Stahlner..

In my one-shots, I limited the PCs to Oustenreich, Farrenshire, and Angharad, because of the area that the Gelurian army (bastards...) was raiding. Out of two games, I had... 1 Farrenman (woman, actually) 2 Angharadi, and 5 Oustenreichisch, 3 of those 5 being soldiers of some sort.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Sneaky Git

Quote from: Jake NorwoodThe Sarmats come from the years that I lived in Poland (esp. eastern). As for the Dardanri--They're based off of Albanians. I'm interested to know, though, what aspects of the Dardan culture spoke to you?

In a way, they reminded of the various peoples of the Balkans (not just Albania, but more of a composite).  It all boils down to passion and strength of character.  I see the Dardanri as a proud, passionate people.. steeped in tradition.. unwilling to bend a knee to anyone.

Are they divided?  Superstitious?  Cruel?  Proud?  Yes.  Yes to all.  But it is considerably more complex than that.  They believe in things.  Strength of conviction drives them.  And they are willing to kill, and die, for those beliefs. This, I feel, lies at the core of tRoS.
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.