News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Aaaaag! Must... have... Donjon!

Started by efindel, August 07, 2002, 10:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efindel

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.  :-)

--Travis

Bailywolf

Clinton R. Nixon

Patience, please. I am working on it at a very fast rate - 20 pages are done, laid out, and edited already (about half the book).

I have received James V. West's excellent art for the book - it's really incredible. I have found that I will need a bit more art, though, which I haven't procured yet.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ferry Bazelmans

And thirded, but I would rather wait longer so Clinton has more time to work on this baby, then find it in stores tomorrow. :)

I'll be waiting patiently...

Fer
The BlackLight Bar, home of Soap: the game of soap opera mayhem.
Now available as a $2.95 Adobe PDF (Paypal only)

Clinton R. Nixon

I just thought I'd announce that Ben Morgan has been added to the list of artists working on Donjon. With his work and James West's, I think this one will be as good looking as Paladin.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

wyrdlyng

Hell, if you can get Ben to design some spiffy character sheets as well then you've sealed the deal for me.
Alex Hunter
Email | Web

Ben Morgan

That's one of the things I'm going to be working on. I just need to know what's going to be needed on the sheet. :)
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Bailywolf

Hey!  Jared ponied up OctaNe at last... now where's my DONJON!

Clinton R. Nixon

Dude, you must chill.

That said, chapters 1-5 (of 8) are done and laid-out. Only three chapters to go: Magic, Adventuring and Advancement (my favorite chapter), and Your First Adventure.

I will be adding a few appendixes, with names like:
Independent publishing - you can do it too (cheaply)
Donjon and Open Source
Converting d20 stuff to Donjon
Things I like

So far, the rules should be very familiar to those who've played Donjon Krawl - no major changes, and mainly new options and rules fixes. (And a new section on movement in combat - really.) If I get a little hubris, though, I'd have to say that it's pretty good looking. I'm laying the examples on heavily, too.

Expect it to be about 50 pages, plus or minus a few.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Bailywolf