Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 113 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [The Rustbelt] trepidations about illustrations  (Read 3431 times)
Luke

Conventions Forum Moderator, First Thoughts Pest

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 04:14:17 PM »

I personally find this idea very exciting, Marshall.

David Berg

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »

I liked Paul's idea about working in song lyrics.  If every image was like an album cover or liner, that would be cool.

My plan with Delve was to shoot some in-game situations.  This requires people dressed like medieval peasants, hanging out in the woods or near ruins.  I photographed a ton of ruins, but have no people.  My buddy John had some great suggestions for how I could make this work:

1. Go to Flickr/TwitterPic/PhotoBucket, set up accounts, connect with people who're into your genre (e.g. LARPers) by blogging etc.  Lead up to your contest.
2. On those sites, announce a contest.  Offer prizes to folks who can get you the kinds of photos you're looking for.  Specify copyleft (anyone can use), image requirements (greenscreen or apt BG), etc.  1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes.
3. Find or make illustrations to give folks an idea of what you're looking for, and post those.
4. Hunt for participants via old photo contests, cos-play sites, etc.
5. Ask folks to tell their friends!

here's my blog, discussing Delve, my game in development
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: