News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Hell for Leather] Sh*tting on the ancestors - ADULTS ONLY

Started by Sebastian K. Hickey, March 01, 2010, 11:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callan S.

Quote from: Ar Kayon on March 04, 2010, 08:35:53 AMmany of us play morally ambiguous video games all the time - games that are far more graphic than pen and paper - and many of us enjoy them greatly, but it doesn't turn our world upside down; we still understand the difference between fiction and reality.
I think if all the parts of your brain really knew the difference between fiction and reality, you would find all of this bored you shitless.

When the monster (or the cat) jumps out in a movie, with the tense music playing, your flinch instinct happens because it does not know the difference between fiction and reality. And that's an obvious example - how many unobvious systems in your brain are reacting as if something is real when it isn't?

You wouldn't find this stuff interesting if parts of your brain didn't take things literally. Think of your dreams at night - how often do you realise your dreaming, during them? Practically never - yet with a serious face you say you always know the difference between fiction and reality?
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>

Ar Kayon

Callan S.

*shrug* in the end it doesn't pivot around me - I'm just leaving some evidence I know of. It's existance compels me one way, maybe you'll end up another way.
Philosopher Gamer
<meaning></meaning>