News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Paladins of Gen-Con inquiry

Started by Silent Tamatama, August 03, 2002, 08:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Tamatama

Paul Czege recommended the Paladin rpg as something that might be up my alley today and I was wondering if anyone who had a copy of the game was going to be bringing it to Gen-Con.  I would like to take a look at it before deciding wether or not it was something that I would be interested in.  Thanks in advance.
Tom

hardcoremoose

Yo,

I own a copy of Paladin, and since I'll be riding with you I don't see a problem sharing its glory with you.  I gotta' say, it's a beautiful game - my compliments go out to Clinton and the cadre of artists who worked on it.

- Scott

Paul Czege

Dang...I forgot you said you'd bought it.

Bob's in Flat Rock, maybe we should draft him into running it for us. Unless someone's planning on running a demo at GenCon?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Bob McNamee

Did I hear my name spoken?

;>

Kicking lots of ideas around....
... I'd run something in it, it looks so fun...

Bob McNamee
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I have a Paladin demo all set to go: setting, characters, foes, and so on. Like almost all the demos I'm bringing to the con, it's pretty short and simple, built more as a demonstrator than a full-on game.

Best,
Ron

Jake Norwood

I'm going to want to playtest my Angel/demon setting for Paladin as well at GenCon, though probably after-hours.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Silent Tamatama

Hey Scott, I'm looking forward to reading Paladin the Anvilwerks website makes it look really good, so don't forget it on Wednesday.

Hey Ron these demos that you mentioned are they for the people who are staffing the booth to use or are they demos that you plan to run at Gen-Con?
Tom

Ron Edwards

Hi Tom,

Everyone keeps asking me that. I prepped them to run myself. Fact is, I can't imagine just handing out demos and saying, "Play this," to anyone. The intent from the beginning was that I'd just have my own personal demo-pack and everyone else was free to do the same.

On the other hand, say I ran my, oh, Questing Beast demo, and someone at the booth really liked it. Obviously they'd be free to run it themselves if they wanted to.

Best,
ron

Clinton R. Nixon

I had no idea Ron was running a Paladin demo - very exciting. I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games