News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Contest] Write 7 lines in 10 days

Started by Sebastian K. Hickey, March 08, 2010, 10:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excalibur

Cool! If I happen to come up with any more, would you be interested in seeing them for possible future use or even for fun?
-Curt

Sebastian K. Hickey

Yes, absolutely! I can always use a good imagination. Thanks very much for your support Curt.

Luminous

Setting        : Distant Future, Remote Planet
Adversary      : Computer AI, Robotic Minions, Bestial Alien Stowaway
Gore Threshold : 3
Connection     : Robots that gained sentience/free will
Drop-Off       : Mining Outpost in an uninhabited star system
Objective      : Evade and Escape
Checkpoints    : Defeat or disable the Outpost AI, escape on board the processed ore shuttle after hacking into
                 the station/ship computer, and finally defeat the bestial alien stowaway.

Luminous

Hrm, that didn't work out like I hoped.  It should be "[...] shuttle after hacking into the station/ship computer [...]

Sebastian K. Hickey

Hi Luminous,

Thanks for your input on this. There are two issues I'd need to fix before I could take this Frame into the wiki. First of all, the Objective needs to be a place, not a task. Secondly, the Checkpoints don't fit the prescribed themes. While your Frame would make for a fun game, it's not a good idea for me to endorse Checkpoints that deviate from the prescribed themes yet. Could you tweak those issues?

Excalibur

Setting: Tomorrow, Chicago
Adversary: Major Thomas Browning
Gore Threshold : 3
Connection: Attendees at a Medical Conference
Drop-Off: Belden Stratford Hotel
Objective: Destroy and Escape the Zombie Threat
Checkpoints: Get to Waukegan Naval Base while avoiding/killing Zombies, fight Zombified Major Tom and his zombie soldiers, steal coast guard boats to escape zombie-infected Chicago.
-Curt

Excalibur

This crawled into my head the other day.

Setting        : Near Future
Adversary      : Anaheim Parietal Prison Staff
Gore Threshold : 5
Connection     : Framed anti-terrorist cell
Drop-Off       : John Smith, Right Parietal Lobe
Objective      : Uncover terrorist plot and escape to stop it.
Checkpoints    : Find the phrase to return to physical form, defeat the guards protecting the actual terrorists, save the president of the U.S. from terrorist assassination attempt.
-Curt

Sebastian K. Hickey

Hey Excalibur,

Can you change those Objectives into locations (not tasks) for me so I can put them into the wiki?

Thanks again,

Sebastian.

Excalibur

Quote from: Sebastian K. Hickey on April 08, 2010, 05:37:43 PMHey Excalibur,

Can you change those Objectives into locations (not tasks) for me so I can put them into the wiki?

Thanks again,

Sebastian.

Not a problem, and you can call me Curt ;) I assume you're talking about both frames? So I'll re-present them below. It's not easy coming up with the checkpoints; I keep wanting to make them semi-vague so that people can put in their own locations ;)

Setting: Near Future
Adversary: Anaheim Parietal Prison Staff
Gore Threshold: 5
Connection: Framed anti-terrorist cell
Drop-Off: John Smith, Right Parietal Lobe
Objective: Uncover terrorist plot and escape to stop it.
Checkpoints:

• Travel to the Medula Oblongata to find the release word to return to physical form,
  • Fight corrupt guards to gain access to the parking deck and its vehicles,
  • Drive to Cincinnati in order to save the president of the U.S. from a terrorist assassination attempt.

Gore Threshold: 3
Objective: Destroy and Escape the Zombie Threat
Checkpoints:

• Get to Waukegan Naval Base while avoiding/killing Zombies,
  • Fight Zombified Major Tom and his zombie soldiers in order to get to the Docks,
  • Steal coast guard boats and flee to Canada in order to escape zombie-infected Chicago.
-Curt

Sebastian K. Hickey

Hi Curt!

Oops. We're talking at cross purposes. Your Checkpoints were fine the first time!

I was concerned about the "Objective" part of each of your Frames. That is "Objective: Uncover terrorist plot and escape to stop it" and "Destroy and Escape the Zombie Threat." Tha Objective has to be a location, not a task. For example, "Cincinnati" or "Chicago Port."

Excalibur

Those objectives are fine if you want to go ahead and use them. ;) Do I need to redo all the text in the frame? If so, just let me know and I'll spam it up with the first ones and the changes you suggested.
-Curt

Sebastian K. Hickey

Here are the edited Frames. Thanks Curt.

Zombie Attack
Gore Threshold: 3
Objective: Chicago Port
Checkpoints: Get to Waukegan Naval Base while avoiding/killing Zombies, fight Zombified Major Tom and his zombie soldiers, steal coast guard boats to escape zombie-infected Chicago.

Sleeper Agent
Setting: Near Future
Adversary: Anaheim Parietal Prison Staff
Gore Threshold: 5
Connection: Framed anti-terrorist cell
Drop-Off: John Smith, Right Parietal Lobe
Objective: Presidential Suite, Hilton, Cincinnati
Checkpoints: Find the phrase to return to physical form, defeat the guards protecting the actual terrorists, save the president of the U.S. from terrorist assassination attempt.