News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Two possible randomization mechanics

Started by RandomCitizenx, March 09, 2010, 12:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomCitizenx

I am not worried too much about resolution time since the system is using conflict/scenerio resolution over single task resolution, but I would love to see anything which may help avoid possible pit falls with the system.

Excalibur

Quote from: RandomCitizenx on March 17, 2010, 09:36:14 AM
I am not worried too much about resolution time since the system is using conflict/scenerio resolution over single task resolution, but I would love to see anything which may help avoid possible pit falls with the system.

Well, for a faster resolution mechanic, you could always do this:

• The GM turns over top of the deck as the community or environment card.
  • Each player involved in the conflict plays one card from their hand.
  • The GM plays cards for any NPCs/opponents.
  • Highest combo wins.
No hit/stand/split/doubledown or anything. Just a simple high card + environment wins. You could skip the environment part, but it might have connotations which are detriments to the PCs or bonus giving.
-Curt

RandomCitizenx

I want the hit mechanic in there because I like how it feels when it comes to the player making a choice and the character exerting effort. If it is just random card flip, I could easily do that with die and get the same effect.

Necromantis

Man I am glad I found this place. There are some great ideas and creativity Out there.. of course by out there I mean here at the forge.

Cards are going to feel like a different game I think. I think you feel this way as well.
Hows this though.

and maybe I can cheat at this because I work where I work and can get custom made dice here.

but find a sign shop or somewhere like that - call them and see if they have a laser engraver. Most places that engrave do these days.
Buy some blank dice from your local game shop or online
and Have special dice made that represent the face cards. a 6 sider should do it.
and is easiest to engrave

[how the laser works - just in case its confusing --- they load the image/text (clipart works well) and place the die under the laser
and it etches the image into the die - different color dice are harder or softer so the groove can be deep or shallow either should work pretty good]

maybe jack queen king ace and two wild cards or special circumstance options.

better still would be to disguise blackjack a little by thinking up new titles for the face cards

being able to have custom made dice really opens up your options..

oh i forgot to mention that once you get them engraved just take latex paint and squish it down in the grooves (letters a graphics) and wipe off the excess.. best thing ever.

if i think about it later tonight I'll snap some pictures of some of my custom dice (all 6 siders) and post a link to a page so those on the forum can see them.