News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Ember] need Alpha Readers and Concept artists

Started by JohnG, March 18, 2010, 10:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG

For those of you who might not remember or never read my old posts about Ember, it's a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting where the gods are dead and much of the world is covered in ash.  Other than humans there are none of the typical fantasy races, and it is somewhere in the middle between low and high magic settings.  There's everything from refined and elegant races to savage tribals, lots of grotesque monsters, and of course your usual peasant folk and adventurers.  I've been working on Ember for....well...too damn long, and I've decided it's time to make more progress lol.

Basically what I'm looking for to try and bring Ember up to Beta status are two things.

Alpha Readers:  I want you to read the First Draft of Ember and tell me what you think about the setting/system/races/etc.  This is not editing, I don't need you reading through to find grammar or spelling errors, I'm sure there's tons of them.  Once I've had a couple readthroughs done by people I'll hopefully have a couple problems out of the way eartly on before the playtesters get a crack at it.

Concept Artists:  Like it says, I need someone to sit there on the phone/aim with me and go back and forth about my idea for what the races/locations/etc look like and do some rough pencil sketches until we're both happy with how things look.  This is mainly just to get some points of reference for the artists who'll be joining the project later to put together the art for the final printed edition.  I'm extremely low budget so please email me a list of prices with a link to some of your work, bearing in mind that these won't be inked and finalized works just rough concept art.
John Grigas
Head Trip Games
headtripgames@hotmail.com
www.headtripgames.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars

JohnG

John Grigas
Head Trip Games
headtripgames@hotmail.com
www.headtripgames.com

Current Projects: Ember, Chronicles of the Enferi Wars