News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Fantasy artist, concept & illustration

Started by GregTaylor, April 20, 2010, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregTaylor

Greetings,

I am a freelance artist, you can view my work at -

http://www.gregtaylorart.com/

contactme@gregtaylorart.com

- Greg

pells

The little story : I first commissioned Greg (I found him here thru the forge) for a batch of 50 illustrations. Well, we turned out doing three, for a total of over 150 illustrations. At the moment I don't need any more work from him (but I wish I will in a near future) and knowing that Greg was looking for work, I really want to promote his work.

I'd like to mention how Greg is a great artist and really helped me out in my current project. Maybe one important thing : in the work I was giving him, there was a lot of already done illustrations, from which he had "to get inspired" ; or at least stick to what was already done. I guess this is not a easy task, but Greg turned out to be really nice on this. Also, he had a lot freedom working with me and came out with great ideas !!

One warning maybe : Greg isn't cheap. He is doing some really amazing work, but hey, not cheap. But, don't be that afraid, I guess, as I'll show below, there are different of "scales" of art with Greg, coming at different costs. And maybe sometime, just a couple of B&W from Greg (which seems at a "normal" rate) might really give you the look you need.

Here are a couple of pieces he did for my project, with different scaling of price. Those are exclusive pieces, not to be found elsewhere (and are some of my favorite piece, result unexpected from me most of the time) :
Large color :
An important object of the world, a magical mirror
A complex guild, with many components
A city frozen in the ice
Black and white :
A dragon rider
White orcs attacking a city
Sepia (like black and white, but we did a lot bunch of those. We liked the look) :
The villagers will uprise
Small color (recommended as a good trade off for the quality provided) :
Our possible cover

Please note, that as a designer (and thus buyer of art), it is truly my pleasure to encourage and promote the work of Greg. It has been a real pleasure to work with him.
Sébastien Pelletier
And you thought plot was in the way ?
Current project Avalanche