News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Series Creation Sheet: Story Arc

Started by higgins, April 24, 2010, 05:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

higgins

What are you supposed to mark on Story Arc line on the Series Creation Sheet? Issue has a separate line for it... so, why have a separate Story Arc? For Screen Presence?

Welkerfan

Yup, you write your screen presence for each episode in the little circle in that area.

A protagonist's cycle of screen presence is supposed to correspond to the development of his Issue and character development arc through the season.
Brenton Wiernik

higgins

Quote from: Welkerfan on April 24, 2010, 05:15:11 PM
Yup, you write your screen presence for each episode in the little circle in that area.

No, I don't mean the Protagonist Sheet, I mean the Series Creation Sheet which has no circles. http://www.dog-eared-designs.com/series_sheet.pdf

Welkerfan

Think of that sheet as a brainstorming sheet.  You might make notes there about the Screen Presence arc like, "Spotlight early" or "Resolves in the finale" or just record the Screen Presence numbers there.  Alternatively you could use that to describe the general way the arc will progress in the season.  To use the veteran-brother from the Bootleggers example in the book, "Faces the horror early in the season, then spends the rest showing his slow recovery."
Brenton Wiernik

higgins

Ah, thanks! I thought it was meant to be a producer reference sheet of sorts as well. =)