News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

the Later Blue Tome of Amaxathroth the Cursed, Creative Commons edition

Started by reason, April 29, 2010, 12:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reason

I've (re)released the PDF version of the Later Blue Tome of Amaxathroth the Cursed as a free Creative Commons edition. 140-something pages of misanthropic sword & sorcery weirdness, and 29 evocative sorcerer/demon pairings.

http://www.principiainfecta.com/amaxathroth/

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=80912

QuoteI, made your compelled servant, tell you this: that Amaxathroth has not wandered the world in an age. His tomes decay, his words stolen and hoarded by wizened sorcerers who cling to life like leeches in their towers. King and Lords, who would suffer a thousand agonies to gain the curse of ages bestowed upon Amaxathroth, must instead torment captive scholars, slaves failed in search of the Wanderer's final tomb.

Amaxathroth the Patient does not laugh at these fools, nor at you, for all are less than worms to his gaze. He waits for this rotted world of men to end, or perhaps for the Demon-King to rise from a hidden coffer beneath the ruins of the Black Palace, forget his wrath, and rescind the curse of life unending. The dust covers Amaxathroth who has learned all that can be learned, seated upon the last of his Tomes, waiting.

Reason
Principia Infecta

Ron Edwards

Wow, for free?

Hey everyone, consider donating even so. The Tome is a serious work.

Best, Ron

Roger

I'm glad to have it, but I need to gird my loins a bit before I'm ready to deal with that font for more than a couple pages at a time.  Will try to say something more meaningful after more digestion of the text.

Finarvyn

Quote from: reason on April 29, 2010, 12:07:42 PM
I've (re)released the PDF version of the Later Blue Tome of Amaxathroth the Cursed as a free Creative Commons edition. 140-something pages of misanthropic sword & sorcery weirdness, and 29 evocative sorcerer/demon pairings.
I bought the original version long ago and just downloaded the Creative Commons edition.

What (if anything) has changed from one version to the next? Is this essentially the same tome that I have from before?
Marv (Finarvyn)
Sorcerer * DFRPG * ADRP
I'm mosty responsible for S&W WhiteBox
OD&D Player since 1975

reason

Quote from: Finarvyn on May 01, 2010, 07:19:32 AM
What (if anything) has changed from one version to the next? Is this essentially the same tome that I have from before?

I fixed two or three annoying type errors, changed the copyright notice to the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license, and the PDF color settings are exported for printer rather than screen. Nothing else. It's basically the same.

Reason
Principia Infecta