News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Focused Playtest

Started by Brimshack, May 21, 2010, 01:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brimshack

Hello,

I don't know if anyone will remember, but about a year ago I made some posts here about a game I've been working on called Worlds of Hurt. In the last year (changed it from 3d6 to 3d8 and took out a couple subsystems). Right now, I am looking for someone who will help me with the instructions for rolling up a character. Simply put, I need someone to sit down and make up a character using the latest rule-set. What I want to know is whether or not the current instructions work for anyone who hasn't already played the game or had me around to explain it to them. Of course I'd love to get feedback on actual game testing, but right now my biggest need is just to see if the step-by-step instructions for making up a character will work for a newbie without a personal trainer, so to speak.

Worlds of Hurt is a traditional high fantasy game system. It's definitely high crunch. WOH uses 3d8 as for most all rolls. Attack and Defence are opposed rolls with the difference providing base damage (even if that means the attacker takes damage herself). There is a Death Spiral, and a Panic Spiral to boot. Characters track both mental and physical durability and accrue penalties for damage to each. The game places a high premium on cooperation between characters. It is designed to model the standard Tolkeinesque setting as well as character concepts and monsters from Asian, Native American, Africa, Polynesian settings. The most likely basis for a campaign in this system would be some form of epic travel narrative.

Please let me know if you are interested.