News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Agon Boxed Set

Started by ringo, May 07, 2010, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ringo

Hello All,

I've just discovered Agon (after showing Clash of the Titans and Jason and the Argonauts to my 4 year old daughter revived my interest in Greek myth). I'm really looking forward to playing.

I like miniatures in my games though, so I'm toying with the idea of making an Agon 'boxed set' with a number of hero miniatures, board, dice, tokens for various expendable resources, and counters for NPCs and minions. I'm tailoring the contents for up to 3 players and the Antagonist.

As for the NPC and minion counters, I'm intending to custom make these so that they can be individual and more easily tracked. I had originally wanted to use monster miniatures, but could get very expensive, time consuming and confusing ("That gorgon is actually a cyclops, and those skeletons are really giant scorpions"). I am thinking of theming the tokens with materials; gold, silver, bronze, marble, with different sizes/designs for NPCs and minions.

I have a few questions for those of you who are experienced in playing on quantites of the various components:

-How many dice of the various types would be required for the 3 players and the Antagonist setup? (Chessex make some nice marble effect die sets).
-What resources are best represented by tokens of some kind, and how many would be required? (I'm thinking of gory, positioning bonuses, maybe Strife? etc.) I will probably represent these with glass beads.
-How many NPC and minion tokens would be needed?
-Any better ideas on the theming of the tokens? Any more materials for the list?
-Anything else I've forgotten?

I'm hoping to start the project soon (don't hold your breath though) and would like some idea on what I'm getting into!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ringo