Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 11:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Etiquette in this forum  (Read 9545 times)
mister.ribbit

« on: May 14, 2005, 09:43:34 PM »

I read through the Forge etiquette post, but I have a question more specific to this forum.  A fairly large number of posts are simply descriptions of DitV branches, and I was wondering what the policy/etiquette in this forum is on taking those ideas for our own use.  Should we notify the original author, or is it understood that if someone posts something here that others may use it in their own games?  I've seen some pretty juicy things that that I might want to draw on in the future.

Thanks!

Ribbit

Ryan
Eric Provost

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 05:21:46 AM »

I suppose I can only really speak for myself, but I've always assumed that any towns posted here are fair game for use.  I'd expect people to 'steal' from my towns and am not afraid to 'steal' from other towns I see.

When it comes right down to it, if you're going to use a town here that someone didn't want you to use... Well, what are they gonna do about it?  It'd be kinda silly to assume that anything posted here is 'off limits', don'tcha think?

-Eric

lumpley
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 01:34:43 PM »

New policy, everybody:

If you don't want other people to use your towns don't post 'em.

If you've already posted a town you don't want other people to use, PM me and I'll delete it.

Thanks!

-Vincent
hix

Steve Hickey

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 05:56:33 PM »

The idea of sharing posted towns & branches is a vivid demonstration of how sharing information and networks makes us all richer.

Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs
Brendan

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 06:28:11 AM »

Excellent point, Steve.  Maybe there should be a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Sharealike license attached around here somewhere?
Mike Holmes
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 08:44:39 AM »

I don't know about that, Brendan. I think he means "use" as in to use them for play, not for publication. Everything written here (unless Vincent does post some liscence like you propose) is protected by copywrite, and probably should stay that way. So that if a town is good enough to publish the author can get rewarded for it in the manner that he negotiates.

Mike

Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: