News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Basic Rules Download

Started by John Wick, July 05, 2001, 04:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Wick

I understand the basic rules are somewhere on the website, ready for me to download.

Anybody got a link?

Thanks in advance,
John
Carpe Deum,
John

james_west

http://www.glorantha.com/hw/index.html

Is the page with links to the rules synopsis and the complete text to chapters 1-3

Blake Hutchins

Be warned, John. The rules on the website are more of a condensed summary of the rules in the book, and they're not easy to decipher by themselves.

Best,

Blake

John Wick

Carpe Deum,
John

mikeryan

With Chapters 1-3 and the Rules Synopsis, it is possible to run a game with just this material.  I did so for several sessions until I had the rule book (granted, I was constantly asking questions on the HW-rules mailing list, but it ran).  I also ran a pair of demo scenarios (the Hound Tower scenario for two different groups).

If you want to get a feel for the game (or help others to), I strongly recommend grabbing the Retailer Demonstration Kit.  This has a scenario (The Hound Tower), and two sets of characters; one Heortling band and one Lunar band.  It covers a variety of activities (even if the early bit about changing battle plans is a bit forced), and will show some of the range possible to the system.
Mike Ryan

Christopher Kubasik

I know the rules downloads are old news now...

but I wanted to add that if you want to get at least an idea of what Ron's been going on about, the downloads are a really good idea.  I downloaded the three chapters, the retailer's demo and the basic rules and ended up with about 90+ pages of material.

There are also "library" links that will bring you to sites with articles and maps describing Glorantha.

All in all, until I either crack and buy the books currently on the shelves or wait until the 2nd edition, I've now got enough material to absorb and describe to potential playersl.

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield