Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 01:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 77 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: NEW GAME: MODERN MYTHS  (Read 22201 times)
Spooky Fanboy

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2003, 07:53:49 PM »

Alright I do my best not to pester.

See, that's what is great about being me: I don't care. If nothing else, I feel a little better that I'm letting someone know that someone likes their work and is eager to see it. Plus, if they shut me up by throwing some playtest info at me, so much the better. ;-)

If they ignore me, or tell me to go away, what have I lost?

BTW, Jason, what's up with Modern Myths and Wyrd is Bond? ;-)

Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!
kregmosier

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2003, 06:57:47 AM »

arghhhh...i want my Modern Myths! ;)  Any more News on a release date?  

-k

"SO, John Henry, the luddite SOB that he is, has destroyed 3 of Gawain's vehicles and at this rate, Mordred's Investment Bankers are gonna be on our ASS within a day..."

I wonder how the world sees us...
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,
a spoiled drunk 15 year old
waving a gun in their face.

"Long Long Time", Guy Forsyth
Jason L Blair

Nothing is sacred.

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2003, 07:06:01 AM »

Modern Myths will see PDF release shortly after Wyrd is Bond is released in hardcopy. So expect it in Oct/Nov.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer
kregmosier

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2003, 05:51:11 AM »

So...would it be safe to assume here that Modern Myths is a .pdf add-on to Wyrd is Bond then, or no?  Is it a seperate stand-alone product?
Believe me, if i wasn't so excited about the game, I'd leave you alone, but my giddyness is reaching a fever pitch. ;)

-kreg

"With the taking of the Two Towers by Morgana's Troglin martyrs, John Henry and I were left with two choices...continue our search for my Spear on the Eastern Seaboard, or travel West and meet up with Paul and Babe near Wisconsin.  Either way, the stigmata on the side of my chest was beginning to weep and I wasn't going to last much longer. "

rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

Jason L Blair

Nothing is sacred.

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2003, 06:33:24 AM »

Modern Myths is a stand-alone game that just happens to mesh nicely with Wyrd is Bond. Their systems are quite similar, though, which I like. After Wyrd is Bond is finished, it's just a matter of tweaking, editing, and laying out Modern Myths for sale.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer
kregmosier

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2003, 09:31:06 AM »

EXCELLENT!!

Man, i can't WAIT. ;)  (or, rather, Longinus and John Henry can't wait...)

rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

Comte

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 04:42:05 PM »

By the way how is Modern Myths coming along?  After al this time I am still excited about playing it and I just got this new concept idea thingus that Modern Myths would be useful reading for.  As such not only do I want to play it but I want to use it to help make my ouwn ideas boil and fester.  So I need an update of some sort, anything...please.

"I think where I am not, therefore I am where I do not think.
What one ought to say is: I am not whereever I am the plaything of my thought; I think of what I am where I do not think to think."
-Lacan
http://pub10.ezboard.com/bindierpgworkbentch
Jason L Blair

Nothing is sacred.

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2003, 10:03:03 AM »

Modern Myths is good. I'm finishing up Wyrd is Bond to get it to the printer and then it's a matter of updating Modern Myths, laying it out with Gregory Pogorzelski's amazing art, and releasing the PDF. Late Nov/Early Dec, I'd guess.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer
kregmosier

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2003, 06:23:47 AM »

Awesome news, Jason...this may well be the #1 game I'm looking forward to.  Can't wait for more info, teasers, etc.

-kreg

"Betsy's house in Ohio offered some shelter from Morganas forces thanks to Harry's 'Aether of Obfuscation' trick.  The old girl never looked better, her present incarnation being that of a sun-kissed california girl never without a needle and thread sticking out of her mouth like some kind of tethered toothpick.  Her stitchwork and Houdini's poultices had saved my life, but I knew she kept beating herself up over Paul.  She couldn't have done anything anyway...Mordred's poisoned blade had hit its mark and he died in the kind of agonizing way I'd only seen once before...long, long ago.

Babe gave a little grunt just then and laid her massive head in my lap as if joining me in my somber thoughts.  Damn this war...Damn this Spear...and most of all Damn Morgana and her Son.  As a Centurion I felt in my heart of hearts we would eventually win this war, but how many good men and women had to die?"

rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

urbwar

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2003, 01:34:30 PM »

Quote from: Jason L Blair
Modern Myths is good. I'm finishing up Wyrd is Bond to get it to the printer and then it's a matter of updating Modern Myths, laying it out with Gregory Pogorzelski's amazing art, and releasing the PDF. Late Nov/Early Dec, I'd guess.

Jason,

Any chance this will be available for print on demand via rpgnow or some other source? I've been looking forward to this one, and while I like pdf's, nothing beats a book in your hands. Plus, I got spoiled when I got a printed copy of Charnel Gods from Scott from his limited print run..

Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/
Jason L Blair

Nothing is sacred.

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2003, 07:06:01 PM »

I may do a print short run or POD of Modern Myths. Right now though, I'm too busy concentrating on Wyrd is Bond. ;)

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer
urbwar

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2003, 07:36:34 PM »

Quote from: Jason L Blair
I may do a print short run or POD of Modern Myths. Right now though, I'm too busy concentrating on Wyrd is Bond. ;)

I hear you. That looks interesting, but I've been interested in Modern Myths since you first announced it. Really looking forward to this one. Probably as much as I did Little Fears

Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/
Ninchen

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2003, 03:58:40 PM »

Any news about MM? Didn't you plan to release it at December?
So, what's up?
Jason L Blair

Nothing is sacred.

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2004, 06:58:46 AM »

Modern Myths may be released as something else...by someone else. ;)

I'll keep ya posted.

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer
kregmosier

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2004, 07:28:02 AM »

*CRY*

say it ain't so...or at least say it won't be yet another d20 add-on/splat-book. ;)

-kreg

rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: