News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NEW GAME: MODERN MYTHS

Started by Jason L Blair, August 18, 2002, 04:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

QuoteAlright I do my best not to pester.

See, that's what is great about being me: I don't care. If nothing else, I feel a little better that I'm letting someone know that someone likes their work and is eager to see it. Plus, if they shut me up by throwing some playtest info at me, so much the better. ;-)

If they ignore me, or tell me to go away, what have I lost?

BTW, Jason, what's up with Modern Myths and Wyrd is Bond? ;-)
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

kregmosier

arghhhh...i want my Modern Myths! ;)  Any more News on a release date?  

-k

"SO, John Henry, the luddite SOB that he is, has destroyed 3 of Gawain's vehicles and at this rate, Mordred's Investment Bankers are gonna be on our ASS within a day..."
I wonder how the world sees us...
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,
a spoiled drunk 15 year old
waving a gun in their face.

"Long Long Time", Guy Forsyth

Jason L Blair

Modern Myths will see PDF release shortly after Wyrd is Bond is released in hardcopy. So expect it in Oct/Nov.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

kregmosier

So...would it be safe to assume here that Modern Myths is a .pdf add-on to Wyrd is Bond then, or no?  Is it a seperate stand-alone product?
Believe me, if i wasn't so excited about the game, I'd leave you alone, but my giddyness is reaching a fever pitch. ;)

-kreg

"With the taking of the Two Towers by Morgana's Troglin martyrs, John Henry and I were left with two choices...continue our search for my Spear on the Eastern Seaboard, or travel West and meet up with Paul and Babe near Wisconsin.  Either way, the stigmata on the side of my chest was beginning to weep and I wasn't going to last much longer. "
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

Jason L Blair

Modern Myths is a stand-alone game that just happens to mesh nicely with Wyrd is Bond. Their systems are quite similar, though, which I like. After Wyrd is Bond is finished, it's just a matter of tweaking, editing, and laying out Modern Myths for sale.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

kregmosier

EXCELLENT!!

Man, i can't WAIT. ;)  (or, rather, Longinus and John Henry can't wait...)
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

Comte

By the way how is Modern Myths coming along?  After al this time I am still excited about playing it and I just got this new concept idea thingus that Modern Myths would be useful reading for.  As such not only do I want to play it but I want to use it to help make my ouwn ideas boil and fester.  So I need an update of some sort, anything...please.
"I think where I am not, therefore I am where I do not think.
What one ought to say is: I am not whereever I am the plaything of my thought; I think of what I am where I do not think to think."
-Lacan
http://pub10.ezboard.com/bindierpgworkbentch

Jason L Blair

Modern Myths is good. I'm finishing up Wyrd is Bond to get it to the printer and then it's a matter of updating Modern Myths, laying it out with Gregory Pogorzelski's amazing art, and releasing the PDF. Late Nov/Early Dec, I'd guess.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

kregmosier

Awesome news, Jason...this may well be the #1 game I'm looking forward to.  Can't wait for more info, teasers, etc.

-kreg

"Betsy's house in Ohio offered some shelter from Morganas forces thanks to Harry's 'Aether of Obfuscation' trick.  The old girl never looked better, her present incarnation being that of a sun-kissed california girl never without a needle and thread sticking out of her mouth like some kind of tethered toothpick.  Her stitchwork and Houdini's poultices had saved my life, but I knew she kept beating herself up over Paul.  She couldn't have done anything anyway...Mordred's poisoned blade had hit its mark and he died in the kind of agonizing way I'd only seen once before...long, long ago.

Babe gave a little grunt just then and laid her massive head in my lap as if joining me in my somber thoughts.  Damn this war...Damn this Spear...and most of all Damn Morgana and her Son.  As a Centurion I felt in my heart of hearts we would eventually win this war, but how many good men and women had to die?"
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,

urbwar

Quote from: Jason L BlairModern Myths is good. I'm finishing up Wyrd is Bond to get it to the printer and then it's a matter of updating Modern Myths, laying it out with Gregory Pogorzelski's amazing art, and releasing the PDF. Late Nov/Early Dec, I'd guess.

Jason,

Any chance this will be available for print on demand via rpgnow or some other source? I've been looking forward to this one, and while I like pdf's, nothing beats a book in your hands. Plus, I got spoiled when I got a printed copy of Charnel Gods from Scott from his limited print run..
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Jason L Blair

I may do a print short run or POD of Modern Myths. Right now though, I'm too busy concentrating on Wyrd is Bond. ;)
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

urbwar

Quote from: Jason L BlairI may do a print short run or POD of Modern Myths. Right now though, I'm too busy concentrating on Wyrd is Bond. ;)

I hear you. That looks interesting, but I've been interested in Modern Myths since you first announced it. Really looking forward to this one. Probably as much as I did Little Fears
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Ninchen

Any news about MM? Didn't you plan to release it at December?
So, what's up?

Jason L Blair

Modern Myths may be released as something else...by someone else. ;)

I'll keep ya posted.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

kregmosier

*CRY*

say it ain't so...or at least say it won't be yet another d20 add-on/splat-book. ;)

-kreg
rich beyond compare,
powerful without equal,