News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

octaNe errata

Started by Tim C Koppang, August 19, 2002, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim C Koppang

...and a question.

First of all, just wanted to let you know Jared that I'm very happy with the game.  At least three times while reading the rules, I stopped and said to myself, "Wait that doesn't make sense."  But then I let go of my logic and realized just how coool it is to have computers the size of houses and futuristic robots merely the size of humans at the same time.

Wanted to let you know about a formatting issue with the roles though.  It seems that a handful of the roles are missing the bold formatting for Staming Grounds.

Also, a few of them only have three skills listed.  If you'd like I can post a list of the ones missing a fourth skill, but I'm assuming that it means the player gets to pick four more skills instead of three.  Yes?

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: fleetingGlowBut then I let go of my logic and realized just how coool it is to have computers the size of houses and futuristic robots merely the size of humans at the same time.

Yup. :) octaNe's major (unspoken) rule is the Rule of What I Think is Cool.

QuoteWanted to let you know about a formatting issue with the roles though.  It seems that a handful of the roles are missing the bold formatting for Stamping Grounds.

Yeah, a couple places have missing bold or missing italics. Pretty minor, as far as I'm concerned. Everything seems to be speled write and sense some kind of make.

QuoteAlso, a few of them only have three skills listed.  If you'd like I can post a list of the ones missing a fourth skill, but I'm assuming that it means the player gets to pick four more skills instead of three.  Yes?

Yes. :) That's correct. Here's the scoop: I wrote the Roles and didn't modify them too much between revisions. So the rules say "You pick 4 from the Role's list of skills" and each Role has between 3 and 5 skills in the actual text. So yeah, make 'em up.

- J

"It's not a Bug, it's a FEATURE!"
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Matt Snyder

QuoteWanted to let you know about a formatting issue with the roles though.  It seems that a handful of the roles are missing the bold formatting for Stamping Grounds.

Um, you're right about that, and it's nobody's fault but mine (the layout guy). I have corrected this on the "screen" version that Jared now has, but not yet on the "print" version of the PDF.

So, I need to fix 'em there and send it to Jared. It's always something! Man, I got lots going on ...

-Matt
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra