News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Congratulations

Started by Eugene Zee, August 12, 2002, 11:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugene Zee

All,

I just want to say that the Forge: Indie-Rpg Publishers booth was amazings.  Even though I had my own booth I saw the teamwork displayed.  The work that you guys did together, running each other's demos, selling for one another is one of the most amazing things I have seen in this industry.  In addition, you guys sold many games that might not have otherwise moved very well.  Big hats off to Ron, Captain Forge shall he be known from now on.

In short, I was impressed and proud to be a member of the Forge.

You guys are great!

Regards.
Eugene Zee
Dark Nebulae

Matt Snyder

Quote from: Eugene Zee

I just want to say that the Forge: Indie-Rpg Publishers booth was amazings.

In short, I was impressed and proud to be a member of the Forge.

As was I, Eugene. And, I must say I was impressed at how graciously you handled yourself in a difficult situation at the con. I for one appreciated greatly your offering of space for more demos. We ran a Dust Devils demo in your booth, and I was very happy to have you sit in on a demo at the Forge booth.

Best thing about the con? The people.

See ya'll next year for the "Indies at Indy!" In the mean time, we'll have god knows how many posts from post-con fallout. Looking forward to it.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Ron Edwards

Thanks to you, Eugene! I only wish we could have helped you out more.

Best,
Ron

Valamir

Quote from: Ron EdwardsThanks to you, Eugene! I only wish we could have helped you out more.

Best,
Ron

No kidding.  Eugene is the perfect demo partner.  His excellent questions, quality play and well timed excited comments really help sell the two customers we played with.

Be sure to let us know when Magica is available Eugene.  I definitely want to pick up a copy, but no way was I going to only pay $10 for it.

Jason L Blair

Eugene went from "guy I'd heard about" to "one of the coolest cats at the con" in the span of a day. I didn't get much time to see how the demos were going at the Dark Nebulae booth. Hopefully they went well.

The indie booth was such an amazing spectacle. All the playing, the buying, the enthusiasm... amazing. Much was learned for next year which, gods willing, will rock even harder.

I'm off to grab the digicam and upload the pics.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Eugene Zee

All,

Thanks for the compliments guys.  As for helping me out, it was great just to see something as encouraging as the indie booth.  I should have a few hundred copies of Materia Magica on my doorstep in a day or two, he he.  The rest of the copies should be shipping to Woody at Tundra in a week or so but I am not sure that you will be able to order them there (I am not sure what our pre-order numbers are at this point, we might be out of books but contact me and I'll let you know how to get one).

As I said before, you guys made me proud to be a Forger.

Eugene
Eugene Zee
Dark Nebulae

Mike Holmes

Can you post how to get a copy here, Eugene? I'm sure there are lots of folks who want one. Got a web site or something?

And I'd like to chime in with a thanks for the demo space. All I can say is that we're all going to need a lot more room next year if we do this again.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Eugene Zee

Mike,

Thanks again for the interest in MM.  Our website is www.darknebulae.com.  The book should be here very soon.  Woody has already been bugging me about it.  It looks like we will sell through in the pre-order stage (hopeful, that would be great) but I will have a whole bunch of copies with me as a result of the GEN CON debaucle :O

You can reach me at ezee@darknebulae.com if you are interested and play d20.  I would consider it an honor to have you request it.

B-T-W I made sure and bought a game from each an every person at the indie booth and I must say I now have the most innovative and creative game selection of all of my local friends.

As far as the booth goes I was happy to have you guys use the space, even though it was dominated by GODLIKE.  I am glad you got some time in.  I think next year I will want to do something like the indie booth or maybe have an extension of it as our community booth.

Regards

Thanks guys.
Eugene Zee
Dark Nebulae

Gordon C. Landis

Eugene,

The rest of us Forge folks (well, this one, anyway) are impressed and proud to have you among us.  Man, I can't believe we missed you for Scott's Charnal God's run Thursday night!   One of my Top Three disapointments of GenCon.

I'll be watching that website,

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

hardcoremoose

Ditto what Gordon said.  And I take the blame for the mishap.  Damn, it would have been cool to have you there...

Good Luck on MM.  Despite the setback at GC, I'm sure it will do well for you guys.

- Scott

Eugene Zee

Oh yeah!

That was the night when I pulled the amazing bathroom disappearance trick!  Man, I looked for guys for about 45 minutes.  Finally I got pulled into a huge LARP.  The next time we are all together I am playing Charnal.  No vanishing acts this time.

Regards
Eugene Zee
Dark Nebulae

Misguided Games

Ditto on everything.  The Forge booth was amazing and meeting Eugene was even better.

Eugene Zee

Lewis,

Thanks.  I appreciate that.  I was really happy to see you guys hopping, as well.

Kudos,

Regards,
Eugene Zee
Dark Nebulae