News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Transformers:Armada

Started by Shadeling, August 23, 2002, 05:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

At 4:30 PM Pacific Time, on Friday August 23rd on Cartoon Network, You can catch Transformers: Armada. Looks sweet. You can catch a small clip on Cartoon Network's Website. Anyway, thought it appropriate to let ya all know.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

stormwerks

well the "movie" has played, its so -so

i just wish it wasnt a case of the Transformers running around trying to collect Pokecons  "gotta catch the all!"

Shadeling

Quote from: stormwerkswell the "movie" has played, its so -so

i just wish it wasnt a case of the Transformers running around trying to collect Pokecons  "gotta catch the all!"

Have you read any of the comic book? It is a little bit different than the show, but can put it all in perspective.

I mean is it truly much different then say a fantasy story, where the characters are going around collecting magical treasures, so that they can become more powerful to fight an evil.

Cynthia Celeste Miller

I watched it and even though I didn't think it was as good as the new MotU cartoon-movie, it was still pretty solid.  A few things grated at me though, but they were fairly minor (the voice acting for the human kids comes to mind).  That said, it was definitely a step up from the ultra-lame "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" series, IMO.
Cynthia Celeste Miller
President, Spectrum Games
www.spectrum-games.com

Eddy Fate

Quote from: Cynthia Celeste MillerI watched it and even though I didn't think it was as good as the new MotU cartoon-movie, it was still pretty solid.  A few things grated at me though, but they were fairly minor (the voice acting for the human kids comes to mind).  That said, it was definitely a step up from the ultra-lame "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" series, IMO.

I have missed the movie, and the first issue of the comic confused me.

Can someone summarize the plot of "Armada"?
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

Shadeling

Quote from: Eddy Fate
Quote from: Cynthia Celeste MillerI watched it and even though I didn't think it was as good as the new MotU cartoon-movie, it was still pretty solid.  A few things grated at me though, but they were fairly minor (the voice acting for the human kids comes to mind).  That said, it was definitely a step up from the ultra-lame "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" series, IMO.

I have missed the movie, and the first issue of the comic confused me.

Can someone summarize the plot of "Armada"?

Well it is an alternate TF story-not part of the Gen 1 80's storyline. Basically the Decepticon/Autobot war never came to earth, until recently. Millions of years ago, they waged their war on cybertron, and the key weapon in the war was the mini-cons, a race of worker transformers. Mini-cons could heighten a transformer's capabilities. At any rate the mini-cons tired of being pawns (the cartoon says it a little differently-but that is the gist), so they fled cybertron, and well crashed on earth, where they lay dormant. They are unearthed, and that awakens their ship, sending a beacon to cybertron. So, the Autobots and Decepticons hurry to earth, to capture the mini-cons, and in the process, their war has been brought to earth.

Got it?

Eddy Fate

Quote from: ShadelingGot it?

Got it.  Need to watch... :-)
Eddy Webb
Vice-President, Spectrum Game Studios
Co-Line Developer for http://www.zmangames.com/CAH/">Cartoon Action Hour
http://www.shadowfist.com/html/store_CAH.htm">Order CAH online!

Shadeling

Quote from: Eddy Fate
Quote from: ShadelingGot it?

Got it.  Need to watch... :-)

Cool. There is an episode at 6:30 Pm PST tonight.