News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Possible TROS game starting

Started by Nick the Nevermet, September 08, 2002, 10:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Nevermet

Yay...
i may actually be gaming in the near future. (50/50 odds)

The good/interesting news its 4 people; 2 newbies and 2 others who gamed when they were in their early teens (now in their mid 20s).  All know that RPGs can offer more than beheaded Orcs.

We've narrowed the possible list of games to 2: TROS and Nobilis.  It was bound to happen, I guess, because I love both and they are so much apples and oranges, its very hard to just point at one and say its better.

ANYWAY, if TROS comes out, I'll keep you guys posted.  I know how I'll introduce them to TROS also.  I'll use an idea I had a while back.  Campaign begins with pregenerated characters who are all part of a caravan.  The caravan is attacked.  There would be plenty of opportunities to think tactically, roleplay (there is a traitor in the caravan), and combat.  Inevitably, though, the caravan is doomed, and the characters will be given a last stand with plenty of Spiritual attribute fun.

After the dust clears, all the players have had an introduction to TROS.  The campaign will then start with them making characters who are sent to find out what happened to the caravan.  Good hook that should be able to get everyone on board.

So, wish me luck