News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Update (8/30/2002)

Started by GreatWolf, August 30, 2002, 03:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

Here is the first of the promised updates.

I have begun writing the Alyria manuscript.  Currently I am working on describing the Citadel, which is definitely assuming a central role in the game.  Right now I am just trying to set down what I know about the Citadel in an organized fashion.  After this is done, I will return and edit it for style and tone.  As you can imagine, the manuscript is pretty ugly right now.  :-)  Still forward progress is being made.

I'm also working on integrating my stories into the manuscript, which is working pretty well so far.  I know that I won't be able to include a lot of art, so I am hoping that I can use stories and maybe poetry as pseudo-illustrations.  I'll see how this works.

Finally, a route that is being considered for art for Alyria is the use of  photomanipulated pieces.  Right now I'm wanting to see if Citadel-appropriate pieces can be produced.  Of course, the first step is getting the raw material for manipulation.  I am looking for pictures of industrial zones, particularly oil refineries, that are in the public domain.  If you happen to live near somewhere like this and feel like snapping some pictures with a digital camera, I'd appreciate it.  Any other suggestion in this regard would be appreciated as well.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Mike Holmes

Did you get in on the offer of free art from Hive? I'd think his style would be perfect from Alyria.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.