News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

For TFOB

Started by Ville, September 22, 2002, 10:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone.
Since I'm new on this board a little introduction.
Im from Finland, have been a gamer for about 20 yrs (from "Red box" to ADD to Rolemaster to space games to WoD etcetc.)
TROS is probably the only game that has sparkled my interest in a long time. Great work Jake!
I am also a avid martial artist and instructor, from traditional oriental arts to modern self defence systems and also mixed martial arts. I must confess that my hands on experience in medieval combat arts is somewhat limited however.
But the way the combat is presented in TROS is very accurate simulation regarding combat in general.

The character mechanics (spiritual attributes) are an excellent role-playing tool. Since this forum is a bit biased towards the combat aspects I'd like to give a  few suggestions tor TFOB (these have probably come up before, I browsed the forum for a few days and got around 10 pages or so...)

More schools! The fighting styles presented are probably accurate medieval fighting styles but Weyrth is not europe... So how about those bit more exotic fighting styles that are not based on real life? Surely the Fey have developed their own styles (being immortal gives you lot of time to study you know...) Exotic dual knife wielding assassins from Ahr...Maybe a style that mixes unarmed attacks with the weapons etc.

More blood!
Ahem..sorry. But remember how nice it was rolling those criticals in rolemaster? Perhaps some more flavour text would be in order here? (I know, Seneschal can make it up on the spot. But somehow it is not the same.)

My 2 cents.

Forgot:
How about some non-ralistic weapons? Or at least a few exotic ones from different cultures.

Thirsty Viking

Most weapons fall within a fairly close range of the Schools of weapons proposed in the main rule book.

I'd adapt a flail for nunchucks as an example  Among other things losing the shield bypass.

That being said....  speak up on a weapon you would like to see that you feel deserves special rules....   then you'll see us debate it..  and give you opinions largely biased by our own perceptions..  and hammer out a workable game solution.  fun will be had by all that way...

To simply say you want WIERD weapons isn't a very good way to achieve stats on weapons you want...  the developers are here...   be specific about your desires   :-)
Nil_Spartan@I_Hate_Hotmail_Spam.Com
If you care to reply,  the needed change
should be obvious.

John Doerter   Nashville TN