News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Can you counter with a Dopplehander?

Started by Shadeling, September 11, 2002, 04:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

I know the maneuver is not listed under the Dopplehander proficiency, but when half-swording, could you use the Counter from another proficiency you know?
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Nick the Nevermet

The question boils down to what other fighting styles could a sword that huge be used in.  So, IMO, If the character in question has greatsword or polearm... maybe.

Lance D. Allen

I believe Jake is fairly flexible on this ruling. If you know the maneuver you can attempt it with another style. However, doing so incurs a much larger activation cost, as the weapon isn't really meant to be used that way. This is about as close as I can remember to a previous similar question, though so don't quote me until you get the big man's confirmation or correction.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Thirsty Viking

Hmmm   if you are half handing,  then you are using it similar to a polearm anyway,   and i'd allow a counter at medium range as per polearm chart....  activation is 4d though.
Nil_Spartan@I_Hate_Hotmail_Spam.Com
If you care to reply,  the needed change
should be obvious.

John Doerter   Nashville TN

Jake Norwood

With a doppelhander, huh...

Countering is certainly a possibility. Maybe even at only 3 dice, just like a polearm.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Thirsty Viking

Is that a change for polearm counters,  my book says 4.
Nil_Spartan@I_Hate_Hotmail_Spam.Com
If you care to reply,  the needed change
should be obvious.

John Doerter   Nashville TN

Jake Norwood

Then 4's right. I was working from my head.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant