News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Writer Searching for Publisher who will buy ideas

Started by Vahn, September 09, 2002, 02:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vahn

Greetings, my name is Dustin.  I am in search of a publisher or company who is or might be interested in publishing or buying some of my works.  I have written much in the past and am currently working on a very original (I know they all say that, but I'm willing to let anyone reveiw it) Roleplaying game.  As I implied the game itself is still under construction, but is turning out to be very productive, with a very in-depth story-line.  If you are a publisher interested in reveiwing the progress of any of my particular works or in search of a freelance writer for any project (I am very versitile) please email me at matrix823@aol.com and I will respond immediately.  Thank you for your time.

Ron Edwards

Hi Dustin,

Welcome to the Forge. I hope you take a little time to review the site and its purpose before posting more, because the Forge is dedicated to promoting and aiding creator ownership and self-publishing in role-playing games. That means that the "writer" and "publisher" can't be different people. The occasional gray areas aren't even as gray as some people seem to think; it's kind of a big deal for the site.

Therefore freelance work for game creation (as opposed to production aid like editing) isn't one of the commodities that's traded here. Even the Publishing forum focuses on "publishing your game" as opposed to "getting your stuff published by someone else."

Now, on the other hand, as you're willing to disclose the game materials you've produced so far, I invite you to drop by the Indie Game Design forum or the RPG Theory forum in order to talk about it, if you'd like.

Also, if anyone is interested in the offer that Dustin has made, please contact him via private email and not on the boards.

Best,
Ron