News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Elf's review

Started by Stuart DJ Purdie, September 10, 2002, 12:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart DJ Purdie

Review bu Powergamer up at rpg.net here.

Interestingly, out of the latest batch of reviews, there are as many reviews of D20 material as there are of indy games (2 of each, review of Clintons' Paladin also up today).  If only that could contiune.

[Moderator interjection: I edited this post to fix the URL.]

Ron Edwards

Yayyy!

Thanks, Chris (aka delarosa aka Powergamer)!!

I am hoping to get Elfs a whole new round of promotion, along with Trollbabe. I am really proud of these games.

Couple points ...

1) It is fun to see people try to describe the player-characters in their own words. I mean, elfs are totally objectionable.

2) Elfs precedes Godlike, so technically, Godlike is Elfs-like in its initiative/order rules, not the other way 'round.

3) I wish the RPG.net reviews formatting wouldn't disappear so fast off the bottom of the page. Trollbabe got all sorts of orders and hits while its review was visible, as well as nifty discussions in its forum there, then all went silent as soon as the page left the front-page of the review section. Oh well.

Best,
Ron

Grex

Quote from: Ron Edwards
2) Elfs precedes Godlike, so technically, Godlike is Elfs-like in its initiative/order rules, not the other way 'round.
True, true. I was just trying to put it in easily understandable terms, and as Godlike has been discussed intensively on rpg.net, I figured that this would get my point across.

Anyway, I hope you liked the review.

Best regards,
Chris
Best regards,
Chris

Ron Edwards

I love it, Chris. Thanks again.

Best,
Ron

James

Quote from: Ron EdwardsI wish the RPG.net reviews formatting wouldn't disappear so fast off the bottom of the page. Trollbabe got all sorts of orders and hits while its review was visible, as well as nifty discussions in its forum there, then all went silent as soon as the page left the front-page of the review section. Oh well.

That's really the least of RPGnet's problems, if you ask me, but you didn't, so I won't go on about it.

Probably the best way for you to keep attention on the product over there is to initiate and keep alive two or three threads on the topic of the game and keep links in the messages prominent.  No, it won't draw the casual visitor in, but if you can get the community talking about Trollbabe or Elfs in a substantive way, you can get some bucks out of those folks.
Cabbages and Kings
www.cabbagesandkings.us