Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 09:21:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 158 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Same game, different players, different rules?  (Read 11771 times)
deadpanbob

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2002, 12:22:55 PM »

Quote from: Emily Care

Sim traits, of course, would give you power to develop world elements.

Ahh - the lightbulb goes on!  I'm wet-behind-the-ears in "how long have you been on the Forge" terms, and I was having trouble conceptualizing what would facilitate Simulationist play.

Thanks Emily - that clears up another muddle in my personal understanding of G/N/S

Cheers,

Jason

"Oh, it's you...
deadpanbob"
Emily Care

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2002, 12:34:08 PM »

No problem, Jason. :) That's just how I see it, too (IMHO and all that). I don't know what consensus might say.

The way we play, any trait can function this way, (give you sim/nar/gamist power) but that's because we share narrative almost completely in our gaming.  So, the traits are just tools that we wield at need.  (I don't really think in terms of discreet traits anymore either. But anyway...)

So, the mechanics you're looking for could be ones that farm out that power based on what you "buy" during character gen.

--Em Care

Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: