News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Greed...But not really

Started by Mokkurkalfe, August 09, 2002, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Quote from: JaifRemoval of SAs is something in the rules, at least in the first edition.

-Jeff

You amaze me, Jeff. If it's in first printing, its probably in 2nd, too. Dang...

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jaif

I'll have to work on my stage name then.  "The Amazing Jeff" just doesn't have much zing. :-)

Removal of SAs is something I agree with also.  Otherwise the SAs become convient situation modifiers.  The whole point with SAs, to me, is that they should tug at a character just as much as a character can use them.

-Jeff

Thirsty Viking

Quote from: Jaif
Removal of SAs is something I agree with also.  Otherwise the SAs become convient situation modifiers.  The whole point with SAs, to me, is that they should tug at a character just as much as a character can use them.
-Jeff

I think a Wise GM  would announce the Removal siultaneous with a granting in another SA...  perhaps Granting easier  because it is compensated for by the judged  Lack of playing a different one.

Of course once it reaches Zero....   the judge might announce a change in the SA  to an SA the judge thinks the Player has been playing and that fits the ongoing game...  still at Zero  so if the charachter doesn't like it  he can still change it.  Possibly the charachter might change back to his old SA  but now he knows he has to do better playing it to keep it.
Nil_Spartan@I_Hate_Hotmail_Spam.Com
If you care to reply,  the needed change
should be obvious.

John Doerter   Nashville TN