News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New member introduction

Started by littlejohn, September 12, 2002, 08:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlejohn

Hi all,

I just joined The Forge after lurking around a while and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is David Hendee and I'm a budding freelance illustrator. I've had a few pieces published (a couple by hardcoremoose in his upcoming Sorcerer supplement Charnel Gods) but I'm basically just starting out.

If you have a moment, please take a look at my portfolio and let me know what you think. Here's a sample:

If you think I might be a good fit for your project, feel free to contact me. I'll also be poking around the help wanted threads.

Thanks! and thanks for the great community.

hardcoremoose

Good to see ya' Dave, and welcome to The Forge!

If there's anyone out there who hasn't seen Dave's website, take a look.  It's frickin' fantastic.

- Scott

Ferry Bazelmans

That's a wonderfully evocative style you've got going there, David. It blows *my* mind. Welcome to The Forge btw. :)

This might be a bit forward, but would you object to stating your rates? It makes it much easier for me to figure out wether or not I'll be able to make room in my budget.

Lord knows that if I ever write a horror game, I'm coming to you. :)

Cya,

Fer
The BlackLight Bar, home of Soap: the game of soap opera mayhem.
Now available as a $2.95 Adobe PDF (Paypal only)

S.Lonergan

*sigh* if only I had money to employ artists...... damn.... and your too good to miss up on as well... i'll just bookmark your site and steal your work at a later date :)

I can just see one of the Daemons from my current horror project in your style of work.. so god damn awsome!

mahoux

Only one word to say... .

But I can't find that word.  I like it.  Hotel room was my personal fave.

Welcome to the Forge.  I seriously hope some folks use your art.  I can say that it could be a surefire sale for some people, myself included.  As a graphic designer, I give serious mad props to your skills.  

aaron houx
Taking the & out of AD&D

http://home.earthlink.net/~knahoux/KOTR_2.html">Knights of the Road, Knights of the Rail has hit the rails!

Ferry Bazelmans

That is strange. No idea why this duplicate post was here. *scratches head in bewilderment*

Fer
The BlackLight Bar, home of Soap: the game of soap opera mayhem.
Now available as a $2.95 Adobe PDF (Paypal only)

greyorm

Excellent work, David!
You might want to check out the 3E DarkSun project over at athas.org.  I believe your style is perfect for DS.  Though the athas.org team can't pay you, it would be great exposure.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

littlejohn

hardcoremoose: Thanks for the intro.

Ferry Bazelmans: You know, I have no idea why there's so much horror stuff in my portfolio. It's not even my favorite genre. Many of my recent paintings are inspired by rpg game logs like Piratecat's over at ENWorld.

Since I'm just starting out, rates are flexible. But if you're charging for your game or supplement, some compensation would be nice.

S.Lonergan: As long as your flattery is sincere... ;)

mahoux: Thanks!

greyorm: Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to check it out.

If anybody needs art, please contact me. If I'm free, maybe I can help you out.

S.Lonergan

Quote from: littlejohn
S.Lonergan: As long as your flattery is sincere... ;)

Yes... erm.. sincere.. thats it.. yes.. sincere

- Note to self.. never unveil plans to the enemy again, Seamus :)

Sylus Thane

All I can say being an artist myself is wow! I just have to ask is that teaser pen and ink or water color, my browser isn't detailing it enough to tell for sure. I love the work. I myself am in need of help with artwork, being a one man show, I unfortunate;y don't have the time to devote to art like I should. I f your willing to help and it sells it will definitly pay in the end. Boy, I just wish I had cash to hand you right off the bat.

Sylus