News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

House Rules Web Page

Started by svenlein, September 13, 2002, 10:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Holmes

Good job. If that list gets big enough, and someone edits it nicely, it might make for a cool pamphlet to circulate.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

svenlein

Quote from: Mike HolmesGood job. If that list gets big enough, and someone edits it nicely, it might make for a cool pamphlet to circulate.

Are you saying it's not the slickest web page you've ever seen. : )
I spent 3 days just working on the layout, and there have been many sleepless nights worrying about the theme.  Maybe the design is a little to subtle for your pallet.

: )

Scott

Lance D. Allen

One thing to mention.. Some of what is in there is not actually "House Rules". The bit about the activation cost for feints is not a House Rule, so much as it is a clarification of the actual rules. Errata, basically. Also, the rules for the rapier's damage are also errata, though I know some people still use House Rules on it (as I believe Ron said he would stick with the +3, whereas I *believe* it was changed to +2 in the revised printing of TRoS.. Dunno for sure, haven't picked one up yet)
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

svenlein

Mike Holmes

Hey, there were rules for Flails and parrying here:

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3001

Mike

P.S. You're right, I'd missed the subtleness...  :-)

svenlein

Yes thats what the listing on Flails is asking, was anything decided about flails?  It seemed like it was still just discussing and no rules had been made.

Scott

Mike Holmes

Quote from: svenleinYes thats what the listing on Flails is asking, was anything decided about flails?  It seemed like it was still just discussing and no rules had been made.
Strange statement. These are all unofficial rules. Most of them are just proposals, and not all of them will have a consensus. That said, I thought you understood that as you have multiple versions for some rules.

Is it just not clear enough in that thread what a possible rule or rules could be? Hmm...

Mike

svenlein

ok, heres the flails entry

parry against a flail:
if you succeeds by 3+, then both characters lose the use of the weapon as the weapons get tied up.
this condition should remain until someone takes the time to make a Terrain roll to free the flail and parrying weapon. Or the characters can do contests of strength to rip their weapons from each other.
also roll a number of dice equal to the successes rolled by the flail against a ATN of 11 (with an effective strength of 0) to see if the flail clips the parrying character in addition to getting tangled. So, if I roll 4 successes, and you roll 5, you parry, but I get to roll 4 dice against the 11 ATN to see if some residual damage gets through as the head spins about the parrying weapon.