News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Soopers: A Donjon Powered Game...

Started by deadpanbob, September 13, 2002, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadpanbob

Clinton,

I just got through reading Donjon - WOW!  Very cool game.  I hope to get to play it real soon...

In any case, I thought of a potentially silly mini-supplement for it: a Super Hero add-on/add-in.

Magic = Sooper Powers

Level = Scale - basically the group decides what Scale heroes they want to play, and then they get to have all the abilities that the corresponding levels in Donjon provide.  Encounters would still use the same level rules, but instead of Donjon Level you'd have Encounter Scale or Scene Sacle or some such.

Town = Sooper Hero's HQ.  Where they go to rest between beating smarmy villians to a pulp.

Provisions = Gadgets.  "Real" world tech that the aspiring Bat Man knock off can pull out of his utility belt.

Alter the Loot rules to allow the Soopers to find information about the major BigBad and her nefarious schemes - maybe - so Loot = Info or Interrogate or something.

Wealth = Influence - the ability for the Sooper in question to influence the media/authorities to get them special gear and/or information.

Add in Four Color play examples, mix well and bake at 5000 degrees until crunchy - enjoy!

Cheers,

Jason
"Oh, it's you...
deadpanbob"

Valamir

Great Idea!

But don't think Donjon has to be silly.  
There's no reason you couldn't play a Super Powers game as opposed to a "Sooper" Powers Game.

Donjon works VERY well in a more serious mode (as long as the players aren't overly tired or too wired on caffeine...my players did tend to get silly at that point).

deadpanbob

Quote from: Valamir

But don't think Donjon has to be silly.  
There's no reason you couldn't play a Super Powers game as opposed to a "Sooper" Powers Game.

I don't think Donjon has to be silly either.  I don't think Super Powers are inherently silly either.

I just think the marriage of ideas here is a little silly.  Sooper is supposed to be a riff on Donjon - no offence meant.

Cheers,

Jason
"Oh, it's you...
deadpanbob"

Clinton R. Nixon

I think this would work out great. I've been meaning to put together something for the site on this, but I'll be allowing mini-supplements in basically the exact same way as Ron, so anyone who wants to do something like this can feel free.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

deadpanbob

Clinton,

So, do you need to see a sample of someone's work first?  Do you want to see a pitch/proposal or is it "the first one to complete it gets the nod?"

Just Curious.  I might take a stab at it myself - depending on whether or not you're looking for material on a tight deadline.

Cheers,

Jason
"Oh, it's you...
deadpanbob"