News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

OctaNe and space

Started by xiombarg, September 09, 2002, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xiombarg

Finally got around to reading the rest of OctaNe. Very nice. The system is very InSpectres, which should lure in my players; they liked InSpectres. In fact, we might be playing it tonight.

But I digress. I was reading the "just say no" paragraph about leaving Earth, and I thought of a simple solution: Like going East, Space goes on forever, and you never get anywhere. It's BORING.

Now, aliens are aware of this effect (tho they don't know what causes it). Sometimes it doesn't happen, and the aliens risk coming to OctaNE Earth anyway because it's so cool, baby. But if you have an Earthling with you, the "nothing out here" effect usually kicks in. (And a PC group is unlikely to be all-aliens if you use the "only one Role per person" rule...)

Of course, to go with some of my experiences running Paladin recently, perhaps "just say no" is the best answer -- during the same discussion where you decide to play in, say, Psychotronic mode, you mention that leaving Earth ain't happening, and everyone agrees not to try...
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT