News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Colorful Donjon Characters

Started by Bailywolf, September 16, 2002, 02:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catenwolde

Rather new to this, but here's my first shot at converting one of my favorite characters... let me know if there are any egregious errors.  The "Berserk" concept is something I'm still playing with.

Conrad was raised in the wilds of the Halfling Suburbs on the "Wrong Side of the Subdevelopment", and at an early age was struck in the face by a large Bavarian Knockwurst when a passing Sammy Sausage cart was overturned.  He was left with a slight gap in his front teeth, an inexplicable thick pseudo-Germanic accent, and a bad attitude matched only by his peerless ineptitude at the art of arms.

"Hither strode Conrad the Barbarian, and the kicked the jeweled thrones of the earth in the shins..."

Name: Conrad the Barbarian "He's three foot two, and he's comin' for you!"
Race/Class: Barbarian Halfling (a "Baffling")
Level: 1

Attributes (assigned using the 21 point distribution method)
Vir: 2
Cer: 2
Dis: 5
Adr: 5
Whe: 5
Soc: 2

Abilities
Main/Racial: Baffling Fortitude 3 (Damage Resistance)
Sub: Annoyingly Evasive 3 (Melee Defense)
Sub: Peerless Punching Bag 2 (Berserk Melee Damage Resistance, stacks with Baffling Fortitude)
Sub: 'Nads o' the Conrad 2 (Berserk Melee Attack)
Sub: Melee Magnet 3 (Find Enemies)

Note: Berserk = Triggered for Scene when Damage Taken scores a Success versus Cerebrality.

Saving Throws
Save vs PP&T: 3
Save vs I&C: 1  

Flesh Wounds: 3

Wealth: 5
Possessions: 3

Mike Holmes

Foul!

You have to reverse those wealth and possessions ratings. No way any self-respecting Baffling is gonna be caught with more money than larder.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

catenwolde

Quote from: Mike HolmesFoul!

You have to reverse those wealth and possessions ratings. No way any self-respecting Baffling is gonna be caught with more money than larder.

Mike

Okay, okay... but you have to understand that the original character had a disadvantage called "Barbaric Spendthrift" ... which required him to gamble all his wealth away after each adventure ... he got a save for gambling away armor and weapons, but he didn't always make it ...

Why is it that *that* particular aspect of our favorite Iconic Barbarian is overlooked by most players?  ;)

Regards,

Christopher