News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Tim Powers' Declare

Started by Colin the Riot, October 06, 2002, 12:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin the Riot

Anyone ever read that?  It's kind of a spy novel dealing with these powerful elemental beings.  The novel kind of hints that they're what have historically been known as Djinn and Demons.  It's a fantastic book, and was what I thought of immediately when I first started flipping through Sorceror.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else had gotten that little synergistic click between Sorceror and Declare.

And to recommend Declare as a great idea mine.  Especially for the scenes in the desert and on Mt. Ararat.
Colin Theriot,
a.k.a. Teh Clawring Crabe

Bailywolf

I've had it about a year or so... only half way through it.  I just recently restarted it...  A Sorcerer And Spy game has been kicked around hereabouts a couple of times before... always to good effect.  Espionage and Sorcery seem like the proverbial 'two great tastes'.

Ron Edwards

Hi Colin,

Declare received a bit of air-time in this rather complex thread on Relationship Maps.

Best,
Ron

Colin the Riot

Thanks for the link, Ron.

Good read.
Colin Theriot,
a.k.a. Teh Clawring Crabe

Uncle Dark

I heartily reccomend Powers' other works for Sorcerer inspiration, especially his "king of the west" trilogy (actually, two stand-alone novels and a thrid that ties them together): Last Call, Expiration Date, and Earthquake Weather.  Other favorites include On Stranger Tides, a pirates and zombies story, and Dinner at Deviant's Palace, a post-apocalyptic tale.  Both would make good Sorcerer & Sword inspiration.

Lon
Reality is what you can get away with.