News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Second Quick Question

Started by Shadeling, April 03, 2003, 04:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

In running my games this has come up.

When using Proficiency, when you have no Proficiency, do you allow the character to use their Reflexes, or Reflexes minus a certain ammount?

I have done it on a case by case basis. Like I have allowed most to use Pugilism at Reflexes, where I have charged a -2 CP penalty to his Reflexes when a player wanted to use Rapier without having any other Proficiencies.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Ashren Va'Hale

reflex, NO maneuvers, thats how I do it. And I assume this is if you have no defaults, cuz otherwise I of course let them use defaults.
Philosophy: Take whatever is not nailed down, for the rest, well thats what movement is for!

Shadeling

Quote from: Ashren Va'Halereflex, NO maneuvers, thats how I do it. And I assume this is if you have no defaults, cuz otherwise I of course let them use defaults.

Of course. If someone has other Proficiencies I allow them defaults. Like I said before, this is if they have No Proficiencies.

Jake Norwood

No proficiencies follow regular rules. CP = Reflex + Proficiency. If Prof = 0, then CP = Reflex

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadeling

Quote from: Jake NorwoodNo proficiencies follow regular rules. CP = Reflex + Proficiency. If Prof = 0, then CP = Reflex

Jake

You just don't get the manuvers that require the specific prof levels.

Sounds good.