News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Donjon] Used with actual D&D-crawls- How well does it w

Started by Stefan Drawert, September 21, 2002, 09:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Drawert

hi to all!

I'm new to Donjon, bought it after reading the review @rpg.net and enjoyed it pretty much. Actual game-experience is still on the horizon, though.

the very reason for purchasing DONJON is the fact that I own a fair share of TSR-big style Dungeon Crawl and want to play at least some of them.
Since I come from the more narrative corner of FRPgaming, playing HeroWars most times, I did not want to bother with such clumsy games like 3e D&D, but still want to recreate a similar atmosphere & style.

the aforementioned Hero Wars won't work for this, but DONJON looks pretty good.

my question now is, if anybody out there has made actual experience with DONJON while playing Temple Of The Elemental Evil/GDQ/I12/S1-4/A1-4 or something similar...

so: how did it work and where did you have problems?

your answers are very appreciated,

Stefan

Clinton R. Nixon

Stefan,

I haven't done this yet, but plan to very soon - I'll let you know how it goes, and look forward to hearing about your own experiences. I'm planning on converting some of the newer D&D adventures to Donjon.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

StephenGrady

I would think it would work, but the very format of Donjon would make the experience very different.  The events in the published adventure (I suppose)  could be mined for events in the Donjon game but they certainly wouldn't end up in the same order or place they were in the original.  The players' actions are too much of an unknown for that.

Zak Arntson

I'm playing Planescape Donjon tonight, using the Well of Worlds supplement (To Baator and Back, specifically). I'm converting D&D monsters (though I'm using an alternate Donjon monster system).

You can currently see the half-baked results here:
http://www.harlekin-maus.com/donjon/donjon.html