News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Insects of God (Just a Game)

Started by richronin, October 05, 2002, 12:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richronin

This is a very interesting game I just found on Key20's site. Not a "traditional" RPG but a "group narrative" game in which the players take turns telling the story of a person's last 5 hours of life. I can't wait to try this with my gaming group. Thanks to Jason for continuing to think outside the box!

Jason L Blair

Wow, thank you very much! Please let me know how things go if you get the chance to play with your group. Also, feel free to post any questions you may have here or email them to me at jason@key20.com.

And welcome to the Forge!
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Ninchen

I like the idea as well.
When I read read the rules I remembered a similar game. In German it's called "Es war einmal.." (what means "Once uppon a time..." in English) This game is more based on cards and less on RP.
But I would prefer "The insects" cause the theme and mood is more personal horror and the way I like it ...
and its more based on RP than on cards *g*.

Comte

Hey waht a new free game on Key20's webpage?  Why am I always the last to know about these things.  I am full of rage.  Then again the game looks cool and I now have a new toy so I'm full of joy.  Ahem at any rate it's a cool little game and it will most definalty be graceing the game tables of our open gameing night sometime soon.

(Open gameing night is something put out by the university's gameing club.  It's a way to try out new roleplaying games or games best suited for one shote adventures...ie paranioa.)
"I think where I am not, therefore I am where I do not think.
What one ought to say is: I am not whereever I am the plaything of my thought; I think of what I am where I do not think to think."
-Lacan
http://pub10.ezboard.com/bindierpgworkbentch

paulmjessup

ninchen - they have a copy of once upon a time in the states as well.  play it constantly with my friends, good way to pass a few hours.  but i agree, insects does look more interesting because of it's darkness.